Transmission/Clutch TSB

Did you get the tranny TSB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chuckstang

Established Member
Ive had em all, the original factory clutch, post tsb factory clutch and now a Spec

the only good one IMO was the original which was suppose to be terrible hence the tsb

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
What he said^^^^

Oh.... well mine pretty much shot right out from under me at about 23k miles... I took it to the dealership and they told me they wouldnt cover it due to "excessive abuse"... so I dished out the dough for a factory replacement... for lack of a better word: **** Beach Ford of Va beach.

RSH427R

Established Member
Oh.... well mine pretty much shot right out from under me at about 23k miles... I took it to the dealership and they told me they wouldnt cover it due to "excessive abuse"... so I dished out the dough for a factory replacement... for lack of a better word: **** Beach Ford of Va beach.

Really :??::nonono: Were you a know drag racer or something? I would be raising all kinds of hell.

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Really :??::nonono: Were you a know drag racer or something? I would be raising all kinds of hell.

Yeah it got pretty nasty in the lobby. Names were called, things were thrown... in the end, money was paid :nonono:

I drive aggressively... but never drag. I mean seriously, even the occasional 3k launch on stock tires shouldn't justify the clutch as "abused"... oh well, water under the bridge

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
...I mean seriously, even the occasional 3k launch on stock tires shouldn't justify the clutch as "abused"... oh well, water under the bridge

Agreed, the occassional 3K launch is exactly why we put up with this clutch in the first place!

Did you have the warped flywheel or something else entirely?

How about the guys who had the TSB done on 08s? How many were having symptoms of a warped flywheel, i.e. creeping with the clutch disengaged or difficulty going into gear?

RSH427R

Established Member
Yeah it got pretty nasty in the lobby. Names were called, things were thrown... in the end, money was paid :nonono:

I drive aggressively... but never drag. I mean seriously, even the occasional 3k launch on stock tires shouldn't justify the clutch as "abused"... oh well, water under the bridge

Man that sucks-out-loud. I would've taken it to another dealer, F'em. Hell my dealer was happy to do it. One could argue whether it actually needed it though. I was bitching to them about the clutch chatter and they did the whole TSB, no questions asked. As I mentioned in my other thread it wasn't an issue when I drove it. But when I let someone else drive it, it was a disaster. People can argue performance this performance that. I call BS on that theory. I have driven a lot of sports cars. Some with more and some with less power then the GT 500. They didn't make me feel like a retard when leaving the light. Smooth as a baby's butt, so to speak. I'm happier with it done.

chimazo

Established Member
Also, many have had the TSB done even though there were no issues/symptoms present, due to people on various forums raising all kinds of hell and freaking people out.

chuckstang

Established Member
Also, many have had the TSB done even though there were no issues/symptoms present, due to people on various forums raising all kinds of hell and freaking people out.

hahaha
So true

Also, some of the engineers behind that clutch design I heard were laid off

hmmmm

Internet forums have a way of making things seem much larger than they really are

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
hahaha
Internet forums have a way of making things seem much larger than they really are

This stands true for most of the "issues" with parts in general. Someone somewhere breaks one and posts it up, then suddenly everyone needs a bigger better one because of it.

chuckstang

Established Member
Man that sucks-out-loud. I would've taken it to another dealer, F'em. Hell my dealer was happy to do it. One could argue whether it actually needed it though. I was bitching to them about the clutch chatter and they did the whole TSB, no questions asked. As I mentioned in my other thread it wasn't an issue when I drove it. But when I let someone else drive it, it was a disaster. People can argue performance this performance that. I call BS on that theory. I have driven a lot of sports cars. Some with more and some with less power then the GT 500. They didn't make me feel like a retard when leaving the light. Smooth as a baby's butt, so to speak. I'm happier with it done.

Exactly my beef with this car and the clutches for it. I have driven the new vettes and vipers and both drive very easily, so there is no excuse IMO with the GT500 but then again those cars cost more so the manufacturers probably can spend more on the car to make it drive easier but while still offering supercar performance :shrug:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
To be fair, I have the OEM pre TSB clutch and do not have any problem with it. I cannot remember the last time I had shuddering or chatter (10k Miles now). And I do not find I need to slip it more than normal. It took some break in time, and getting used to it's grabbieness, but I really cannot complain.

As long as my flywheel does not warp I really do not feel "cheated'. Personally, I do not do "stop and go" driving.

I am not sure all the "clutch bashing" going on is helping our car's reputation or valuation any!

I really think Ford tried to do us a solid and knew there would be trade-offs in ease of driveability, but they overestimated how hardcore the enthusiast population really is. I for one, would rather have a stout piece of hardware and learn to live with it, then a clutch who's days are numbered!

As far as those other cars with "supercar performance", they do not weigh 3800 lbs or more and may not handle 500 - 700 rwhp for long.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread