Transmission choices?

lurchdawg81

H8R-ADE
Established Member
Alright I got some plans to make some big horsepower jumps and was just wondering what the best tranny is to handle around 600-700 tq? Was wondering so that I could start planning on it ahead of time. Also clutch and flywheel choices would help tremendously also. Thanks. :shrug:

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
I suppose it would depend on how much money your looking to spend. Are you wanting to keep the 6-speed or go auto-matic? Are you plannign on going over 700 hp? How much noise are you willing to put up with??

lurchdawg81

H8R-ADE
Established Member
I dont plan on going over 700 hp. I would also like to keep the six speed. And transmission noise should be bareable. I would like the car to stay tolerable but definitely exciting to drive.

jeffsvt

Established Member
What do you plan on doing with the car ? Drag racing , road racing or just street driving with the occasional power blasts ?

lurchdawg81

H8R-ADE
Established Member
I really plan to lean more towards street racing a lot. I also plan on getting to the strip on test and tune days and also during any events. So it needs to be able to do both but be more geared torwards street racing.

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
Try D&D Performance, they have a decent upgrade for the t-56, suppose to support around 600hp, give or take. Other than that if your going big HP, your only option i know of are G-Force racing ( who makes a 900hp upgrade) and Richmod standard (who makes a 1200hp Upgrade), though for those kits I hope your wallets are deep.

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
the viper t-56 I believe is rated for 650 hp, correct me if I am wrong, but for a mildy modded Cobra this would probally best suite your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread