Transforming sleep paralysis into a lucid dream

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
not sure where to start so ill just ramble.

Since I was a teenager I have often experienced sleep paralysis, over the last few years I have been able to notice or feel and be very aware when the paralysis is going to take over. 99% of the time it happens when im juggling in and out of a dream at times when Im finding it hard to fall asleep. Ill notice that my heart rate jumps up and ill feel a rise in my body temp.

now when I feel these symptoms ill have a very small time frame where I can push myself up and prevent the sleep paralysis from happening, i might have to do this two or three times before I can fall asleep without the feeling of the paralyzation knocking on the door.

But last night I found out something astonishing! I felt the above mentioned symptoms coming on and instead of jumping up as a preventative measure I instead said "**** it" and just let the sleep paralysis happen.

I could not move, speak, open my eyes and felt the well known vice grip like sensation all over my body and I just didnt care. I knew what was happening and just relaxed and told myself "Im to tired to fight this" and almost instantly the feeling of the paralysis was gone. so I tried to move and there it was the smothering feeling preventing me to move, so again I just relaxed and the feeling went away and i fell fully asleep.

Now for the fun part! almost instantly after that I began to lucid dream and not just any lucid dream but the most vivid dream experience I have ever had.
my dreaming was so real and controllable that at times I had difficulty deciphering my dream from reality, even at one point I walked up to a mirror and looked into it and seen a perfect reflection of myself but the refection was dancing while i was standing still and at that moment I began to realize i was still dreaming and I want on about my business.

It was by far the most fun filled dream I have ever had, i have had lucid dreams before but this was on a whole 'nother level.

So i did a little research after work and it brought me to this article that I thought some of you members who experience sleep paralysis might find interesting, a way to use a dicomforting sleep disorder as a tool to find your way into lucid dreaming.

3 Techniques for Transforming Sleep Paralysis into a Lucid Dream | dream studies portal

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I suggest you stay away from drugs

I wonder if dreams have significant meanings? I may go years without dreaming the dream for weeks straigth. Odd.
Sent from my office in the Bureau

Last edited:

Ebeeson0502

Slowbra
Established Member
Ive been able to do it twice since I was a child. It sounds crazy but something that happened to me was very unexplainable and reading about it, it could have been a possible out of body experience.

Have you ever seen Insidious? Movie freaked me out cause that shit is very real to an extent.

I have sleep paralysis and the occasional sleep apnea as well and when paired together its a very scary experience. Being unable to move and being aware of it at the same time as not being able to breath is a horrible feeling.

brisk_tea

Established Member
There is nothing fun about sleep paralysis or lucid dreaming. I'm on 5+ years of only stage 1 & some stage 2 sleep. I deal with hypagogic hallucinations and hate it all.

04svtsnke

Established Member
I've had times where I've been aware of being in sleep paralysis and although it is a scary thing, Just like op, I've learned to calm down and I either to back asleep or get up and go to the bathroom or something. Too link op and I hope hings get better.

xenodragon

Established Member
I use to have it when I was a kid, havnt had it for years...man it sucked....you basically have to use all the energy in your body to jolt yourself out of it...suuuucccckkkks

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That wasn't a lucid dream. You had an OOBE (out of body experience) also known as astral projections.

You basically leveled out of this plane of existence into an upper level.

I've done it once when I was camping. I stared at a star through my tents Window until it felt like the world turned upside down and I was looking at myself. I was then able to move through the campsite. It was the middle of the night but everything was glowing in blues and yellows. I ventured to the lake side where I was able to sit with both my deceased grandparents which that place was their favorite. Very humbling experience and it felt like I was there for hours just sitting with them, getting advice from them on what paths to take, and just reminiscing about memories there.

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
I figured this out aswell, and it actually cured my paralysis. I would get it every time I took a nap. Sucked cause I'd take one everyday after work, so I was constantly afraid to go to sleep. Eventually I gave in and embraced it. Haven't gotten it in a long time.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Iv experienced this once in my life and it scared the shit outta of me.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I'll put my flame suit on but I'll tell you now you're messing with the wrong things. I'm very familiar with "sleep paralysis" and I'm very familiar with spirits... the former is a tool of the latter and you just opened yourself up to it, and am assuming you will continue to do so. It is not your body producing this feeling but a spirit and you willingly opened the door for it to enter and your lucid dream was the product. It will seem cool and new at first, but I won't be surprised to see you post on here in the future when you start to see some really messed up and twisted things in these dreams as what you posted is already very dark, and then it will manifest in the physical and you'll be completely powerless as you've allowed it to have authority over you.

If you believe this is real then trust me when I say I've seen what is on the other side, the side you havent seen yet. I have seen it as the victim but most importantly as the one with authority. You're dealing with forces you will never be strong enough to fight on your own. You already know you're not physically strong enough to fight it, so what makes you think you're mentally strong enough?

Last edited:

thecrimson

Derpin
Established Member
I'll put my flame suit on but I'll tell you now you're messing with the wrong things. I'm very familiar with "sleep paralysis" and I'm very familiar with spirits... the former is a tool of the latter and you just opened yourself up to it, and am assuming you will continue to do so. It is not your body producing this feeling but a spirit and you willingly opened the door for it to enter and your lucid dream was the product. It will seem cool and new at first, but I won't be surprised to see you post on here in the future when you start to see some really messed up and twisted things in these dreams as what you posted is already very dark, and then it will manifest in the physical and you'll be completely powerless as you've allowed it to have authority over you.

If you believe this is real then trust me when I say I've seen what is on the other side, the side you havent seen yet. I have seen it as the victim but most importantly as the one with authority. You're dealing with forces you will never be strong enough to fight on your own. You already know you're not physically strong enough to fight it, so what makes you think you're mentally strong enough?

wtf!?.....okay i'm interested. What did u see? Are you talking about demons and stuff like that?? Because I can't imagine exploring your subconscience through dreaming as a bad thing. It's not like the guy is summoning spirits with an ouija bord or something? Can you elaborate a bit?

I'll tell you a story about mine. I was laying in bed and a woman in a nurses outfit that looked as if her face was dead walked into my room. I saw her clear as day and was trying to move I even moaned trying to sit up and finally boom I was out. Scary sh though. I always just attributed it to a nightmare though.

I too have been able to lucid dream periodically but I usually wake myself up out of excitement once I realize that I'm doing it.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I suffer from sleep paralysis several times a year. Not when falling asleep but when waking up. Always terrifying with the feeling that someone is looming over me or trying to kill me and I can't move or do anything about it. I also have lucid dreams, but the 2 have nothing to do with each other in my case.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I posted a thread about this a couple weeks back, I guess I have sleep paralysis as well. Every time it happens to me I'm under a lot of stress from something in my life and there is what appears to be a demon watching me that gets closer and closer until I finally am able to wake myself. For the people that haven't experienced it they may think it's BS but it's not. It feels as real as can be and is terrifying.

brisk_tea

Established Member
I posted a thread about this a couple weeks back, I guess I have sleep paralysis as well. Every time it happens to me I'm under a lot of stress from something in my life and there is what appears to be a demon watching me that gets closer and closer until I finally am able to wake myself. For the people that haven't experienced it they may think it's BS but it's not. It feels as real as can be and is terrifying.

This is kind of like hypagogic hallucinations, just your are awake and it happens over reality.

To some of the others that posted: if you are able to "just get up" from your so-called sleep paralysis; be happy you don't actually have sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is a bitch and not something you can get up from. Yes, since your stuck there, it would be nice to lucid dream; but when you have the problems that cause sleep paralysis to be your reality it's not always possible.

If you think you have sleep paralysis and don't shit the bed, you don't. You shit the bed, find a neurologist. I've been on xyrem (GHB) for a few years and it helps.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

:lol:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I suffer from sleep paralysis several times a year. Not when falling asleep but when waking up. Always terrifying with the feeling that someone is looming over me or trying to kill me and I can't move or do anything about it. I also have lucid dreams, but the 2 have nothing to do with each other in my case.

This. I haven't had it happen in a long time, but when it did it was always me hearing or seeing something that was trying to get to my family. Not being able to move was the worst part. My wife would wake me up since I was breathing so heavily. It usually took a minute to calm down afterwards too. Not fun at all.

svtaddict

Established Member
ive tried to take control of my dreams but as soon as i realize its a dream i wake up instantly. sucks man i would get all kinds of poon

Users who are viewing this thread