Transformation of my 2003 cobra!

oldmodman

Established Member
Don't worry. Nothing is like the feeling when you get it just the way you want it and take it out for that first drive.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
turn the boost up it will make good power with the corn that was the plan i was going to mine made 685 on 93 before, car still looks good

what do you drive? im in ofallon IL too. with my compression my tuner thinks on even 17psi and corn i should make close to 700 or even over. I want to make not too much over that for traction reasons. Im going to do that new IRS build im seeing, and some stronger halfshafts. If i can get 700-725 to HOOK with all my weight reduction it should be a very fast street car. i dont have to be the fastest..just beat up on all the smack talking street bikes we have in the area. For some reason guys on two wheels( even if they cant drive) think that no car should be beating them. HA!

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Looks great, it's nice to see someone who doesn't go crazy with the "wrinkle black" powder coating. Also, move that regulator towards the firewall, it pulls too much attention away from that sweet blower.
thanks! i was thinking about that, but i would have to buy some 180 turns for the rails, run the line back all the way along the sides and back to the back....i may do that later but im afraid i will run close on line if i do that....and i dont feel like ordering more haha.

I'm liking those wheels

the first set? yah the ruff racings. I dont like to think about selling them...the only reason i did was because i thought i was putting the car up for sale and had too much $$ in them. I am trying to get them back from my buddy :)

Good shit Dave.
thanks man!

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
Nice work Dave!!! She's going to be an absolute BEAST!! thanks!

Did you ever get that MAC catback on yet you bought from me in the spring?
it is sitting right by the car. I have to get some new hangers welded so it sits even before i install it. excited to hear it though! im hoping for the "snakebite" sound. 3 inch OR x with a nasty sounding catback!

Looks like a sweet build, hopefully no more ticking after it's all said and done!
haha if there is i will drive it off a cliff. its a 100 percent different motor that was built RIGHT and only has 500 miles. if it ticks, I just have the worst luck ever.

Get the heck outta here :pepper:

You got a new car on the way yet?[/QUOT:coolman:

you guys cut it out! haha....we all need to go on a IL cruise this spring. I have not made it to the last two on STLmustangs. lets get all the guys together come march aprilish.
:beer:

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
very nice, but just a thought...the way you the fuel lines running to the front. If you shred a belt you might tear those lines up.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
very nice, but just a thought...the way you the fuel lines running to the front. If you shred a belt you might tear those lines up.

I thought about that....i am looking at at least moving theright one up and out of the way or something. They are pretty beefy lines, but you are right i dont want to risk it.....hmmm...

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
you guys cut it out! haha....we all need to go on a IL cruise this spring. I have not made it to the last two on STLmustangs. lets get all the guys together come march aprilish.
:beer:
Sounds great to me! My next car is being shipped here as we speak. Should be in my garage by Friday :)

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
looks good! how hard was it to get the motor back in with the lt's installed? i hear a lot of people like to remove the motor from the bottom but that sounds like a real bear to tackle.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^what would that be?
03 cobra, converted to NA already, has k-member and coilovers already...once i get a few loose ends buttoned up will be a nice turbo car :)

Why did you sell the 5.0 already then? Some thing wrong with it? What didnt you like about it?
well i actually sold it like 3 months ago. nothing wrong with it at all, smoothest driving, smoothest shifting, and one of the best sounding cars ever...it just didn't have the familiar mustang appeal to it ya know. on top of the fact that it was so expensive upfront i was afraid to mod it lol

Users who are viewing this thread