TransAsia plane crash dashcam

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
[youtube_browser]qHRZGOcwaQ4[/youtube_browser]

:eek:

B8-M9VOIMAIMWq2.jpg:large

B8-Uj7MIMAEGkoD.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/02/04/taiwanese-jetliner-cartwheels-into-river-frantic-rescue-saves-some/?tid=sm_tw

Last edited:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Wow, talk about unexpected while driving. Seeing videos like this make me never want to fly again and i'm already terrified to fly.

Z06

Established Member
Dang just saw this on the news, this is not a good year for airplanes or passengers. Really sad!

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I just caught part of this this morning walking out the door, and all I can say is "Holy Shit".

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Saw that on the news this morning. Craziness! There's a section of freeway here where the incoming planes pretty much fly along the freeway path for about 3 miles. I'm always looking up at them to make sure they aren't dropping out of the sky while I'm on that section of road.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Not sure if real or a new Final Destination trailer. :eek:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Wonder how it started to roll so quickly? You can see it go over the buildings and its relatively level and then all of a sudden just BAM it rolls instantly.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Wonder how it started to roll so quickly? You can see it go over the buildings and its relatively level and then all of a sudden just BAM it rolls instantly.

From the article.
Shortly after takeoff, one of the plane’s pilots sent a frantic message: “Mayday, Mayday, engine flameout.”

MFE

Established Member

Because it was aerodynamically stalled. Especially visible in the the longer-distance view at 0:32, that thing is just mushing through the air with not enough lift, which led to the roll. I can only guess, but given that the plane is rated to take off on only one engine, and given the loose definition of "pilot" in Asia, the guy probably panicked and pulled the stick back to try to get altitude out of it, which is the exact wrong thing to do no matter how instinctive it is.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
I wish airlines worked the way cruise ships do. When people were stuck on a ship for days, cruise prices plummeted. Planes crash left and right, fuel prices plummet, and the airlines are still blatantly price-gouging like a mother ****er.

Users who are viewing this thread