tranny rebuild?

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
hey guys, my car car is getting harder to get in any gear when the car is cold and feels notchy after 5 min of driving, my clutch has 3000miles on, is it time for a tranny rebuild :shrug: thanks!

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
centrforce daul friction is what I'm using for a clutch, and no adjuster, I realized after posting that an adjuster is a must, but I don't understand why shifting is some what okay after @ 10min of driving. : :read:

Last edited:

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
I have never changed the oil :bash: I imagine if I did so, and there was a tranny problem I would maybe see crap in the oil, I will when I put the adjuster in and see were I'm at thanks guys :beer:

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
okay adjuster in, fluid changed, car shifts smoother when driven for a while but sucks huge when trying to get going when cold especialy when going from 1st to reverse sometimes it will not go in but if I shut the car off it slips in no problem, the thing is after car is driven awhile [shifted abit] it feels completely normal I'm using mercon synthetic maybe thats the part of the problem? viscsity related? :shrug:

chuckstang

Established Member
um no no, there is actually probably no problem at all. that is just the nature of the beast. only use what is recommended for fluid!

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
okay changed fluid to mercon nonsynthetic car is becoming very notchy and I'm noticing it getting harder to pull out of gear, say at a stand still, I'm thinking clutch is not releasing ? can a clutch fail like that? thanks guys

99 svtcobra

sup,

I have the same centerforce clutch and i already changed the tranny fluid when i had the clutch replaced. But mine also has problems going into rev and sometime 1st from a stand still. Usually what i do is just let off the brake and it should slide right in. If i were you i would call the company and ask them why this is happening. I will call and Let u know what they say.

cobrafan

Last edited by a moderator:

99 svtcobra

Ok well i called them real quick and they told me that the throwout bearing is pressured up agains the free plate. That going to cause the disc to worp and the throwout bearing to go. HE said to adjust the cable so there is a 1 to 1.5 inch play from the firewall to the pedal. This should help fix the problem.

cobrafan

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
cobrafan thanks for calling cf its seems to work!! I don't fuc8king believe it :rolling: when has play improved anything? from what I'm understanging ;-) I WAS taking out all the slack or what I thought was slack I was actualy preloading the clutch and fu8king da sh8t thanks man :beer: I'm so stoked because now I can spend coin on going faster :burnout:

99 svtcobra

americanthunder said:
cobrafan thanks for calling cf its seems to work!! I don't fuc8king believe it :rolling: when has play improved anything? from what I'm understanging ;-) I WAS taking out all the slack or what I thought was slack I was actualy preloading the clutch and fu8king da sh8t thanks man :beer: I'm so stoked because now I can spend coin on going faster :burnout:

No problem man. Just remember if your not sure how to fix it just call the company and they will help. Mine is working even better then before. :beer:
good deal enjoy your car :pepper:

cobrafan

Users who are viewing this thread