Trading for cobra

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
I drove mine on the daily for 6-7 years or so when I bought it new. Except if the weather was snowing or such and would car pool with a buddy to work if that was the case.

It was very reliable but it was not always convenient. Plus, if you're going to want to be working on it, it is nice to have another option to drive. So a cheap other car would be good.

The guy who said "the clutch" was right on. It is a very heavy pedal and is no fun in traffic. If you live some where that traffic is not an issue than it could be a lot more fun for you.

If you are going to daily one, always have the best battery and keep it in good charged condition as at any time the alternator can take a sh*t on you and you don't want to be stranded. You can safely and easily drive 15 miles or so on a full battery before the fuel pump may start to lose voltage.

Also keep a real good eye on the level of coolant and check the crossover tube often to top it off as air in the system is a head ache.

Looking back things i would do differently is I would have gotten in and out of the car more gracefully as I wore out my seat bolster. I would always sit in the car on my break times from work so it was even more wear and tear. - I should have sat in the passenger seat more on the breaks or not at all.

The cool thing on the daily though is you do have people pull up next to you and you feel like a bad ass driving a Terminator. Or when the weather is beautiful and a fellow Mustang is in the oncoming lane and gives you "the wave" . I still always want to give the wave when in my daily but I can't because I let the "comfort and convenience" win me over in an SUV and I don't daily my cobra anymore........

I loved "the wave".

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Get the cobra and then save up and buy a cheapish daily.

You can get 2010-2012 Taurus SHO’s for cheap now and they have all the creature comforts of the best German cars. Massaging seats, heated and air conditioned captains chairs etc

And they run 12’s with just a tune. The 3.5 eco is stout.

I have a turbo 03 cobra as the toy and a SHO as the daily/dad mobile and it’s been the most reliable thing I’ve owned. 175k miles on it now factory everything nothing has been replaced and I beat on it harder than I do the cobra lol

1badton

Established Member
Love all these so called men complaining about creatures comfort. Bought an 03 with 75k just broke 100k, has been dd for over a year and love it. No BT, heated seats, dont even listen to the radio, the whine is music to my ears. Imo sell the gt get you a little dd pick up buy the cobra and mod the hell out of it

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Takes a real car guy to put miles on a CAR , to appreciate what you spent your money on ..

I think that's debatable. I'm sure there are a bunch of REAL car guys who have a significant collection, don't drive them that much and are considered real car guys. I get your point, but I don't think someone who drives their car is any more of a REAL car guy than the one who collects and preserves his automobiles.

Yes, that is my question.

Love all these so called men complaining about creatures comfort. Bought an 03 with 75k just broke 100k, has been dd for over a year and love it. No BT, heated seats, dont even listen to the radio, the whine is music to my ears. Imo sell the gt get you a little dd pick up buy the cobra and mod the hell out of it

LOL, I agree that creature comforts are not needed. I have a thread where I ask what people listen to while cruising their Terminator. 90% said the exhaust/supercharger whine. Who needs radios, A/C, electric adjustable seats with heating or cooling, hands free devices when ALL you need is exhaust notes and supercharger whine. Based on those responses 90% of people here should be driving their Cobra everyday. I used to when I first bought it, but like most, wanted to keep the miles off. However, if my DD goes down for maintenance I have no problem daily driving my Cobra until my true DD gets repaired :D.............

1badton

Established Member
I never question a collector as being a car guy, that's obvious. BUT I personally will probably never have money like Jay Leno, to afford my cars to sit but with that being stated, 1 among others of my faults are driving them like I stole it. Hense with I always working to mod or repair them all the time. Unfortunately my normal DD has been down for over a year played with elec problems.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Never, EVER, EVVERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Trade Vehicles - I've not known a single person to ever make out and be happy about it. It's one thing to sell a vehicle and use the money to buy another, or trade a vehicle at a dealer to buy one - but the whole "lets swap cars and titles with a stranger" thing NEVER works out.

Just Say'n

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I think that's debatable. I'm sure there are a bunch of REAL car guys who have a significant collection, don't drive them that much and are considered real car guys. I get your point, but I don't think someone who drives their car is any more of a REAL car guy than the one who collects and preserves his automobiles.

All a mater of degrees.

Local car show, guy had his 2008 Challenger SRT-8 (which he bought new) with 500 original miles and window sticker.

giphy.gif

It's one thing to have a well kept low mileage car that you drive for pleasure and not for commuting and errands, but some people take it way to far. Also, just having a "collection" doesn't mean a whole lot either. Having a collection of rare rifles doesn't make you a marksman, having a collection of records doesn't make you a musician. It makes you a collector.

There is something to be said about actually "Doing" and not just talking about it.

Imagine, in 4 years, some 80 year old dude is sitting in his lawn chair at a show. Next to him a 2003 Cobra, Stock, perfect condition and with only 1,500 miles. Anyone that comes by he wants to tell them how he bought it new and about the one time in 2005 he drove it to Mustang week and then in 2021 he drove it to his sons wedding...

Talk about depressing.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
All a mater of degrees.

Imagine, in 4 years, some 80 year old dude is sitting in his lawn chair at a show. Next to him a 2003 Cobra, Stock, perfect condition and with only 1,500 miles. Anyone that comes by he wants to tell them how he bought it new and about the one time in 2005 he drove it to Mustang week and then in 2021 he drove it to his sons wedding...

Talk about depressing.

In your mind it's depressing. In that 80 year olds mind that is how he enjoyed his car. Some people are very content on going out to the garage and wiping the car down and just admiring it. I used to go out in my garage and fire up my 65 just to hear that old school muscle car sound. Would then shut it off and going back inside the house with a huge grin on my face and the car never moved.

Going back to the 80 year old. Imagine, after the 80 year old passes on, the next guy who gets that car??? Bet he will be happy the 80 year old preserved it. How many times do you read threads about cars being beat on and needing compression checks to make sure it's solid. If I'm not mistaken, didn't your Cobra cause you nothing but problems after 68 miles of ownership?

I agree with you on it's a matter of perspective or degrees.

By the way; I gave this argument in another forum and a guy came back with a great analogy:

He said "Saving your car is like saving your girlfriend for the next guy!" LMAO!!!!

It was funny, but women and cars are not in the same category. Neither is being a musician or marksman because I know how to use/drive my cars. I just choose to keep it to limited use.

I'm not here to debate you Corbic. I respect you as an SVTP member. We all enjoy our cars differently is all I'm trying to say.

Last edited:

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
In your mind it's depressing. In that 80 year olds mind that is how he enjoyed his car. Some people are very content on going out to the garage and wiping the car down and just admiring it. I used to go out in my garage and fire up my 65 just to hear that old school muscle car sound. Would then shut it off and going back inside the house with a huge grin on my face and the car never moved.

Going back to the 80 year old. Imagine, after the 80 year old passes on, the next guy who gets that car??? Bet he will be happy the 80 year old preserved it. How many times do you read threads about cars being beat on and needing compression checks to make sure it's solid. If I'm not mistaken, didn't your Cobra cause you nothing but problems after 68 miles of ownership?

By the way; I gave this argument in another forum and a guy came back with a great analogy:

He said "Saving your car is like saving your girlfriend for the next guy!" LMAO!!!!

It was funny, but women and cars are not in the same category. Neither is being a musician or marksman because I know how to use/drive my cars. I just choose to keep it to limited use.

I'm not here to debate you Corbic. I respect you as an SVTP member. We all enjoy our cars differently is all I'm trying to say.

I agree 100%!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1badton

Established Member

Don't know how old all you guys are but I will say this. I just turned 51 i am fighting for my boys 15 and 12 who had me, their father ripped out of their lives by false allegations. Family courts are biased as F**K against men! So with that being said if your going to compare low miles to women, like I said in my other post ride her like you stole her, mod her for your pleasure (.)(.), then if she betrays you sell her for a younger model my new one 18yrs younger

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
For me, i couldn't imagine a worse car as a dd.

Here in Orlando, there's tons of traffic on the weekdays, and the clutch isn't really suitable for constant stop/go traffic.

The other problem with traffic is that people suck at driving, and almost hit me every damn time i drive. Maybe it's because my cobra is a darker color, but with the way Floridians drive, my car would look like a "Wal-Mart parking lot special" by now if i drove it daily.

I'm also a little ocd about cleanliness. I'd have to wipe the car down after every drive, and nobody's got time for that...

Just my opinion though

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Don't know how old all you guys are but I will say this. I just turned 51 i am fighting for my boys 15 and 12 who had me, their father ripped out of their lives by false allegations. Family courts are biased as F**K against men! So with that being said if your going to compare low miles to women, like I said in my other post ride her like you stole her, mod her for your pleasure (.)(.), then if she betrays you sell her for a younger model my new one 18yrs younger

I hear you brother. Same age as you and been through the biased court ringer too. I don't think women and cars are the same. However, I am married (again) and will keep my comments on how a woman should be treated to myself as not to get myself in trouble LMAO!!!

I plea the 5th...........

1badton

Established Member
I hear you brother. Same age as you and been through the biased court ringer too. I don't think women and cars are the same. However, I am married (again) and will keep my comments on how a woman should be treated to myself as not to get myself in trouble LMAO!!!

I plea the 5th...........

I hear you too brother, and as for your wife if she is strong confident then she will stand by your side no matter what comments, I know mine will. Also if she is strong, then what other women do should make her mad, they will never have equal rights lying and taking children away. I ask you and all other so called men to join fathersrights.org, wethepeople vs 50states, or notyouright.org to help our sons and daughters.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Screamin yellow for the win

I DD mine in 2007 for about a year. then in went to hibernate in the garage for 10 years.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Just know this! High mileage Terminators are hard to sell. Everyone holds out for the lowest mileage they can find. High mileage Cobras have the same value as a bar whore. Everyone wants a ride, but no one wants to commit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HPLouis

Established Member
Just know this! High mileage Terminators are hard to sell. Everyone holds out for the lowest mileage they can find. High mileage Cobras have the same value as a bar whore. Everyone wants a ride, but no one wants to commit.

LMAO!!!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

I'm also curious if this has to do with how many people are still financing the low mileage cars. You can get a note for one with under 75k miles as easy as you can any used car out there.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I'm also curious if this has to do with how many people are still financing the low mileage cars. You can get a note for one with under 75k miles as easy as you can any used car out there.

Agree

killer428

Sonic Blue Terminator
Established Member
A lot of people will say it’s not a good daily. They’re spoiled yuppies, don’t listen to them. Cobras have a sweet sound system thanks to a howling Eaton and a sweet catback of your choice. It’s not like it’s a 4 speed car with no AC and 4:10 gears, manual locks/windows and manual steering and brakes. I’d daily a cobra if it was my only way of getting into a cobra. I daily’d mine when it was a 12k mile car for 8 months and the only reason I stopped daily’ing it was because the miles were racking up faster than I liked. But I mean it has all the basic necessities that you need. Radio, heat/ac, power locks/windows. If your worried about blue tooth capability’s, upgrade the head unit, problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I daily drive my 03 Cobra. Never a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread