Traded the WRX...

Hank

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
WOW! What a difference a little torque makes! Picked up a Black '04 Mustang Cobra today from Dallas, TX. Just got home. Drove like a little bitch 300 miles home. Took it around the block with a friend. Traction control sucks. :nonono:

Mods about to be ordered:
-Borla Stinger catback
-O/R X-pipe
-JLT CAI
-2.93" pulley
-Diablo or equivalent programmer
-Tri-Ax shifter
-Boost gauge overlay
-IRS bolts/bushings
-Get Apten to port the Eaton??!

Really no need to post pics. She looks like any other Black Cobra with chromies. Consider another Import fan turned to the dark side!

Doc2003Cobra

Established Member
Enjoy, happy for you, take it easy on it though at first (my opinion), break it in, some say break it in like you're going to drive it BUT, usually, I wait a little while 500-1000 miles? and then only very occasional bursts, Doc.

PhantomX

Established Member
I traded in my SRT-4 for mine, had another SRT owner just get one and takes delivery this Tuesday. This isn't my first mustang, actually since 2001 it's my 5th. I really love these cars I don't know why I strayed....

Venomous27

Inked Up
Established Member
Consider another Import fan turned to the dark side! [/B][/QUOTE]

..... welcome to the club.....:lol1:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
LOL at 03snake!!!

welcome to the site and enjoy your cobra

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Congrats on your new snake.

I own both and consider the Cobra and modded WRX the perfect compliment to each other. That is for the snowy hell Michigan can turn into for 3-4 months a year.

You are fortunate to only need one car.

On your Stinger/ OR/X combo, prepare to not be able to hear your radio, or ambulances, or train whistles or basically anything but ultra oud exhaust. A couple local guys have that exact combo so I have heard it. Anything O/R with stingers is too loud for me.

To put it in WRX terms, full catless TXS TBE with RFL-Ti muffler and then multiply that by two and add back in the noise blocked by the turbo:nonono:

Good Luck

Chameleon

Established Member
Congratulations, you're gonna love this car!

It would be interesting to find out how many Terminator owners were new to the blue oval. Prior to my Cobra, I had never previously owned a Ford. One test drive and years of bowtie loyalty were out the window, LOL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congrats on being converted! LOL! You're going to really enjoy your Cobra. Just wait until you decide to go the pulley/tune route after your "basic" mods. You think it's quick and has torque now? Wait and see. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Chameleon

It would be interesting to find out how many Terminator owners were new to the blue oval. Prior to my Cobra, I had never previously owned a Ford. One test drive and years of bowtie loyalty were out the window, LOL.
My Cobra was my first Ford in over 30 years! ;-)

SVT Muscle

Established Member
Hank,
Glad to see you on the board! As you can see from my post count and registration date, I've been here a while but don't post much. When are you making another trip down? I want to check out your car. Maybe we need to have another club reunion. It's been hard not spilling the beans about you purchase :)

Craig

Big turkey

Established Member
I sold my 11sec WRX for a Cobra two weeks. Even though the WRX was faster.. I love the Cobra so much more.

Have fun with it!

94ShoOff

AKA Darkside
Established Member
Congrats on the changeover. I put a hurting on a WRX on Saturday night, maybe he will follow your lead.:thumbsup:

gnxs

Established Member
Originally posted by Chameleon

My first Ford also. See my sig for a list of my recent cars.

That's not to say I wouldn't mind a nice STI for the winters out here!

Users who are viewing this thread