Traded the Terminator. Svt show me your hate (at least it's not a beetle)

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
This has to be a troll as well, no one can be that stupid

Sent from my office in the Bureau

Schmitty

03 10th Annie Cobra Bro!
Established Member
You can still retain your man card by trading in a cobra, this is what I traded for(the wifey),,,,, man card retained!!!!!!!!!!!
043FD2BC-E61C-4199-824A-DAC5B10ED712-34195-00001B437265147B.gif

Kiohtee

Established Member
Hey guys, I wanna sell my Cobra for a Civic.. Anyone down to deal? straight trade.

NOT!!!

I'll trade you my bone stock '00 Civic EX coupe. 190k miles, automatic, but has power everything and has a mint interior. It does have a blown motor though. Your car and $500 cash for the wear and tear I've had to put on it up to this point.

I swear, this is how retarded I imagine some of these people being with their trades.

Riddla

Established Member
You can still retain your man card by trading in a cobra, this is what I traded for(the wifey),,,,, man card retained!!!!!!!!!!!
043FD2BC-E61C-4199-824A-DAC5B10ED712-34195-00001B437265147B.gif

Is your wife black?

Trolololool

mr-proper

Established Member
yeah we picked up a FRS too:beer: but we still got the mach 1:lol:! its fun to drive those little frs.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Obviously I can't answer EVERY one of the responses, but I did pick a few to go back through

I actually like the way those cars look. Why the swap?

I didn't like them at all until I drove one. I thought it looked okay, but after stomping one who thought he was the Sh*t with his new little car I gave it little thought.

Cobra is a money pit. I can think of $7k worth of mods I would love to do to it right now....just in suspension. Wife is begging for a house, we both want a kid and I'm back in school. The cobra is simply something that I will NEVER stop spending a lot of money on.

I started looking at other options. S2000, and 370Z were at the top of my list. Gas mileage, or lack thereof turned me away from those.

Now, I have a brand new car that gets 34mpg that will out handle most cars out there. On the test drive in the rain, I was very impressed with the overall handle and feel of the car

Its nice, agile and different. Too anemic and small for me though.

Congrats, turbo it!

lol. I've actually thought about it. But the idea is not to mod it. I fully plan on tracking it though. I'll be running with the miatas, but it'll be fun

Congrats man, I like the way they look, probably fun as hell to drive.

How much if you don't mind me asking?

Too much! I think it was 29,600 or so out the door with an alarm and a couple different add ons

did you get rid of your cobra because of financial reasons or you just wanted to try something different?

looks nice.

Thanks, somewhat financial reasons, but not because the cobra cost more, but the cobra had more potential. It was something that was constantly having money dumped into it. I was obsessed. Still love them and will always have a love for them. You don't get better than a Terminator in my opinion.

they look cool, interior is decent, and actually roomy. The FRS is one of the slowest cars i have ever driven. My honda element might have more pickup than the FRS did. But they handle great and braking is awesome, enjoy!

My experience was somewhat different. I was surprised how fast they were, handling, as you said is amazing, braking was lacking for me, but then again, I did come from a car with 6 piston baer brakes.

I took it for a test drive in the rain and the car was surprisingly predictable, and red-lined quickly. You should bring your element here and we'll see how they do against each other :rolling:

Will look HOT once you tint those windows:beer:

Agreed. Probably going to do it this summer

How did you get into this thread without reading the title?

I read the title smarty pants, however he did mention that his cobra was gonna get picked up Monday.

And for these two, Bambinov8 is correct. I was actually just poking fun at the guy with the beetle thread. I thought his was great! To each their own

he got a rwd car that has close to perfect weight distribution and you would rather have a fwd car.....stupid is strong with this one

This, but people would rather hate on a car and know nothing about it. I was fully under the impression that this car was over-hyped. I went in with a really negative attitude and the car is seriously impressive. Not to mention it has a flat 4 and a REALLY low center of gravity, and literally EVERYTHING that I need to get to, sensors, and such are up top to where they can be easily gotten. It's a mechanics dream.

Congrats bro... I have the same car in the same color as my DD. 6spd and its a blast to drive when I'm not in the FRC. I call it DD Therapy LOL. Its no powerhouse as we all know but they handle insanely well.

Any plans for mods with it? I plan to add suspension & brake mods with wheels/tires for the right stance and handling.

No mods. Idea is just to track it as is, upgrade tires when needed. I'll be in the slowest group, but it'll still be fun

Might throw some TE37's on it in a couple years.

enjoy the slow girl/wanna be cracker car

Such a stupid statement, but I guess I can't expect much better from you

Mustang Cobras suck anyway. Good trade! Seriously? You trade a rare classic muscle car for an econobox?

lol, I actually laughed here. No, I gave someone else the opportunity to continue what I started. He's going from a 95 cobra to a Terminator. Cool guy and has already shared a couple plans for my car. I'm excited for him.

Me, I get to focus on starting a family, getting a house and spending some time with my wife. The first 6 months of my marriage were spent under this car. That was probably the most fighting I have ever done with her. The cobra was/is an addiction. Time to quit

No, if I was going to get a sport compact, Id get the Focus, more power, better build quality, and keeping it in the Ford family. Sorry for my opinion.

I value your opinion, although I think it is misinformed.

Much better choice than the Beetle. Congrats on the new purchase and enjoy.

Thank you so much! I'm happy with my decision.

Hey guys, I wanna sell my Cobra for a Civic.. Anyone down to deal? straight trade.

NOT!!!

lol, dumb :bash:

This has to be a troll as well, no one can be that stupid

Far from a troll and far from stupid. Just getting my life rolling. I would venture to say that is a wise decision. :bash:

No response from op yet. On y he did it?

here you go. Sorry, its only 8:17 here.

Riddla

Established Member
So let me get this straight.

You are wanting to get into a house and have a kid on the way plus school. You sold your Mustang for way less than 29k which means you spent more money acquiring that Scion...

I don't see the wise decision???

rcknrol

Established Member
I like the Scion. i just got my son an '05 Scion TC. Perfect first car for a teenager - safe, great gas mileage, sporty looking (bright white with tinted windows, two door) without actually being dangerous, pretty torquey 4 banger in a light car. Goes like a tank in the snow also. Like I said, perfect first car for a teenager.

9699cobra1

Established Member
Yes I'd take this over the beetle but.... The frs/brz is such a pile of dog poop .The tires look like they belong on a motorcycle, the headlights/ tails don't match the styling of the car at all ... Geez I can go on and on Well , you can look at the bright side atleast motor trend thinks the car is cool because it handles great for what it is . Too bad it is a pile of dog poop regardless. However I fully understand if you did it for financial reasons because the cobra isn't exactly a fuel saver.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
So let me get this straight.

You are wanting to get into a house and have a kid on the way plus school. You sold your Mustang for way less than 29k which means you spent more money acquiring that Scion...

I don't see the wise decision???

So, let me get this straight, you want me to explain every decision I ever make to you if you don't agree with it?

I spent $21k on my old cobra, $6k MORE in the last year on mods, I have 7k I would like to spend in the upcoming year on it alone. This does not include that I will be hitting 100k miles and I will need to do some preventative maintenance on my current car, PLUS getting 13 mpg on average driving it day to day.

The cobra is a money pit....where does it stop? $80k? $100k? I know there are quite a few people that have spent some serious $$$ on a $36k car! Its crazy to me

OR, I could sell it. Get a car that is 100% under warantee, with 2 years maintenance for free, use that $7k I had set aside to pay for the baby we want to have this year and keep saving up for a nice fat down payment on a house

I understand you are the "all knowing" Rilddla, but seriously stfu and go away. lol, you're one of the most judgmental and idiotic trolls on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread