fairings on the k7 looked like... the k5 is ok... torque monster for sure

Gixx1300R

Established Member
Let me know when you want to spray it.

62jet_750psi.jpg

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
Love my 1K for the street, I think it's perfect. However, I do want to get a 750 for the track.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
what i wanna know is why in the hell someone would trade down? does the 1000 have more miles or something?

more miles, but that was not the reason. my 750 had 5000, the 1000 has 12000. Not real sure what his reason was....he kept telling me his wife hated him riding the bigger bike. :shrug:

fairings on the k7 looked like... the k5 is ok... torque monster for sure

k5 is just ok?? best year of the 1000's IMO...has the updated head, but can be fitted with the stronger bottom end from the 01-04.

Nice! Now get rid of those chicken strips.

hmm...did ya check out my old 750's back tire??? I don't see a problem at all! Those pics of the 1000 are from him, i have already taken them down to half of what he did in 2 days worth of riding it through town. :beer:

Let me know when you want to spray it.

62jet_750psi.jpg

I would love to do a baby shot! somewhere between a 30-50 dry shot. But that will be down the road. Plan on gearing/chain, strap, killbox, and a brocks exhaust first! nice numbers tho! that is impressive lol

onebadsvt

Established Member
good looking bike, think twice befor gearing tho, ive had a 750 and three 1000s. i geared one and hated it. It was nearly impossible to keep the front tire down, not to mention i was drifting everywhere on pp 2ct's which are a pretty sticky tire.

5280stang

Established Member
1000cc isn't over kill for the street lol. This is coming from SVT, where a good percentage of the people here who's cars can run 10 in the 1/4. I would roll a 1000 all day on the street, and take a 600 sv/or gsxr for the track. Less shifting, you don't have to rev the crap out of it to feel the kick in the seat of your pants. If you like doing road trips, you will have less handle bar vibration. This list can go on, and on for why someone can pick a 1k over a 600.
b4 someone gets panty's in a bunch, I ride a k5 Anniversary 750.

edit: K5 1000 is one of the greatest bikes of all time, do your research people. to compare it to some of the best cars of all time under 40 grand, it would be a 03/04 cobra or supra. I hope that can give you some idea what he's got his hands on.

Last edited:

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
You crashed my bike....and she used to be perfect.

it happens to everyone...if you still ride and haven't crashed, then you day is coming. No doubt.

1000cc isn't over kill for the street lol. This is coming from SVT, where a good percentage of the people here who's cars can run 10 in the 1/4. I would roll a 1000 all day on the street, and take a 600 sv/or gsxr for the track. Less shifting, you don't have to rev the crap out of it to feel the kick in the seat of your pants. If you like doing road trips, you will have less handle bar vibration. This list can go on, and on for why someone can pick a 1k over a 600.
b4 someone gets panty's in a bunch, I ride a k5 Anniversary 750.

edit: K5 1000 is one of the greatest bikes of all time, do your research people. to compare it to some of the best cars of all time under 40 grand, it would be a 03/04 cobra or supra. I hope that can give you some idea what he's got his hands on.

thanks for the nice compliments! I love how close this bike is to my 06 750. I like the 07-08 bikes, but for the money, it wasn't worth jumping up to one. Every used one i found had a owner that thought it was a damn gold mine asking 8000+ no matter what.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Sweet, good trade. I don't know why people say others go back down after owning a 1K. My first bike was a 600 and I would never go back, I couldn't even imagine owning a 600 now. Nothing against them, but after owning a 1K I know for a fact a 600 would get old for me really fast.

Love the M4 exhaust on my 06 1K :)

m4done1.jpg

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Nice upgrade - how many miles did you rack up on your 750 before the trade?

Love the way the M4 exhaust sounds on the GSX-R1000s... :beer:

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
Honestly, you BOTH got a great deal.

The K5/K6 is arguably the most potent, nimble, simple, and lightest GSXR 1000 you can get before they got fat. Great power, every where.

The 750, IMO, is the very best track day weapon you can buy. Almost 1000 hp and speed, but with just enough less torque to (most of the time) not highside yourself across the state when giving it the beans coming out of apex.

Both incredibly capable and great bikes.

Users who are viewing this thread