Traded GSXR-750 for a 1000 yesterday!

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
Have been riding my 06 750 for about 4 years now, and had a junk Yamaha 600 before that. Tried out a lot of 1000's, and finally figured I would get one myself. Found a guy on craigslist willing to make a trade, so i went for it. Here are the last pics of my 750, and some (near exactly the same looking) pics of the 05 1000.

My 750 had a Akrapovic carbon fiber exhaust, BMC race filter, and a 520 -1/+2 sprocket conversion. Ran like a bat outta hell, but i laid it down awhile ago and it still needed some work even after i replaced most of the damaged pieces. Other than that it was extremely clean! As you can see, no panty lines on the back tire. We actually ride our bikes around here unlike the guy who owned the 1000!!

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

Traded the guy my 750 + a speedo healer i never installed + 400 bucks. The 1000 is in great shape, never wrecked, and 12k miles. It has a full Yoshimura exhaust, power commander, BMC filter and a few other small things. I think i definitely came out ahead and i'm loving the 1000 so far.

Planning on getting new tires (can't stand the 200 shinko on the rear) and a chain/sprockets and should be good for now. Would love a new exhaust but probably wont have the money for awhile.

2-1.jpg

3.png

2-2.jpg

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Total overkill for the streets, man, but it's your life. Keep the rubber side down!

OneSlowCobra

JackStand Racing :(
Established Member
Cool, most guys that get 1000s go right back to 600s. Its pretty hard to ride even a 600 to its max on the street. But congrats and ride safe!

bullitt1672

Established Member
Where is there to ride around Evansville that leaves your tire without "panty lines"? I had a bike for ahwile but there are no nice twisty roads anywhere that I've found. Good looking bikes BTW!

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
thanks for the compliments! I'm pretty satisfied with the trade, it is a very nice bike.

i didnt get the 1000 just for the streets though...i plan on getting out to the strip quite a bit this summer. Really hoping to get into the 9's at the stock wheelbase. If i weren't planning for that, i would EASILY kept my 750. By far the best bike i have ever rode in the twisty's.

and to the guy asking about Evansville's roads....you obviously don't look hard enough! Orchard rd and 65 are 2 of my favorites rides. If you want something longer, find a nice route up to Leavenworth. Definitely some amazing riding through there. I live in Lexington, KY now though which is FULL of canyon roads.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
Total overkill for the streets, man, but it's your life. Keep the rubber side down!

Agreed, but a 600 and 750 are also total overkill for the streets.

I prefer the torque of the liter bikes for street use.

The 750 is the best overall track bike ever.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
what's with pulling the gsxr750 and gsxr1000 badges off the bikes?

don't ask me! my 750's decals were pulled off cause the guy who i bought my OEM replacement fairings from pulled most the stickers off. The 1000 actually still has the stickers on there, the reflection just doesn't show them. Those pics are from when i was buying the bike, i will have to get some better pics of my own up once i remove some of the extra stickers and clean it up

JMoraru

Established Member
is your tank cover piece broken off in that pic? if so that weird because i have the same bike but 07 with the same damage haha

Digital

Established Member
Nice bikes man. One thing I liked about the 1000 is you can mash it in 6th and get away power is there. If you're riding it on the highway a lot you know how handy that can be.

Users who are viewing this thread