Trade in value?

Brickell gt500

Established Member
I just wanted to see if anyone had any appraisals at potential trade in value?

I have gotten 35k-38k at dealerships
39k at car max. I thought this was a tad low.

2013 GT500 black/black clean vin loaded minus glass roof. 38,500 miles

Thoughts?

paluka21

Established Member
Even with nearly 40,000 miles on the clock, it should still garner $42-45K IMO. $35K is definitely low balling you.

GT500wantabe

Established Member
Depends on condition too. I don't read where you say. Do you have a maintenance record? That's important to me when buying used although not sure what impact it would have on a dealer's appraisal.

Brickell gt500

Established Member
It's just a frustrating process. I just was seeing if I was alone. The car is in average condition. Earlier in the year a 13' with similar mileage in below condition got 42k. It might have a lot to do with the cars I'm looking at zo6 and charger hellcat. Also I have a 5 year 100k warranty. Nobody seems to care. Just seeing if I was alone on this. Thanks for the responses.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Makes me sad to see values dropping on Shelby's and now it seems to be catching up with even the 13/14's. Seems just a few months ago you couldn't touch a 13/14 for under 50k, although obviously a 40k mile car is going to be on the low end of the range, but assuming it's been a Florida car always, the miles shouldn't be a huge deal IMO.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Go to Carmax's website and see what they are retailing a car with your options/mileage. That will show you the low ball......

fearthesnake

Established Member
Go to Carmax's website and see what they are retailing a car with your options/mileage. That will show you the low ball......

Carmax is the worst, would never even step foot in their lot. People who buy cars at a stealership because it's "no hassle" just arent smart.

Good luck OP on your transaction and hope you get a little more than being quoted.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Getting a quote from a dealership is always mistake number one. I can't imagine anyone actually believing they will get a good deal there. Even if you get offered what sound like a great price, you can bet they're making up the difference in whatever you're purchasing from them.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Have you considered selling it yourself? It might take a few months to do so but you aren't getting the low end crowd as people looking for cars like this should have their finances in order. I know it can be a pain but I would rather bear that work load if I can make 5k out of it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Whoa, what? 39k for a 13?

Was offered 38k back in October for my 11...

One hell of a profit margin since all thei13-14's seem to be listed in the low 50's.

I thought that Mustangs weren't even being sold at Carmax due to the airbag recall?

They pulled them for a while, but, I'm sure they said "f it" once it was known it would take years to get all the airbags replaced.

This thread is making me want to switch back to a Shelby if the 13-14s are getting that low. lol

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
They're really low-balling you with that offer. Plug everything in on NADA's website and see what it spits out for your zip-code. I plugged your options and mileage in and average trade should be 46K while clean would be just over 47K. Tell those jackasses to pound sand.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL at Carmax.

It's a public company so all this information is public. They command the market in used vehicle sales. They make, on average, $1200 more per car retailed than a traditional franchise dealership.

But with that being said NADA is always high. If you can trade it for $40k somewhere, I'd say that's the money. Retail would be low $40k's.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I think your best bet is have the car detailed thru and thru. Take some nice pictures inside/out and under the engine.

List it for $44K on this site, cargurus and cars.com and sell it yourself. Don't see any reason why it won't sell for $44K. That's $4-$5K more than what you are considering on a trade in.

It will sell, give it a little time.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I think your best bet is have the car detailed thru and thru. Take some nice pictures inside/out and under the engine.

List it for $44K on this site, cargurus and cars.com and sell it yourself. Don't see any reason why it won't sell for $44K. That's $4-$5K more than what you are considering on a trade in.

It will sell, give it a little time.

I know it's a tad higher higher miles than some listed for sale, usually I see quite a few under 20k miles in the low 50's, but isn't $44k still too low?
There's a grey 13 in Miami with 31k miles for 48k at a small dealer.

But hey, if OP wants to sell it for 44k I think it'll be gone in a few days, especially in Florida.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
I was curious about two weeks ago and brought my 2013 in...28k miles performance package recaros etc and they offered $43,700 which I thought was too low.

Users who are viewing this thread