Trade in 11 gt 6M for 11GT 6A

5.0jake

Established Member
I'm really not enjoying the manual and how it feels. A 60mile commute mostly traffic is the biggest thing. All of the transmission horror stories are creeping me out and just recently I'm having trouble putting it in first from a stop.

I test drove an auto and loved it. It actually felt and seemed quicker to me.
The dealer offered me $25k for my base model 11 GT. I can get a new 11GT auto for the same monthly payment($390 per month), maybe a little lower and they will be installing my premium steering wheel and GT500 axle back without rolling it in to the deal. Being a 2011 GT I qualified for a 1.7% interest rate for 72 months compared to the 4.9% I'm paying now and a $500 rebate

Don't know OTD price yet but sound like a decent deal or no?

Spoolx

Established Member
No matter what they tell you youre gonna take the big hit on the one your trading in, basically you will be throwing away 5k + just to switch to a auto.

stang1971

Established Member
i did the same switch for the same reason... my 2011 m6 was in the shop 4 times the 7 months i owned it.. my auto hasnt been in a single time.

5.0jake

Established Member
No matter what they tell you youre gonna take the big hit on the one your trading in, basically you will be throwing away 5k + just to switch to a auto.

I only originally paid $28400 OTD after rebates... so not quite 5k. I could probably make 26k ish selling it private party but that sounds like more trouble than it's worth...

I'm really not that happy with the manual but I like the car otherwise and it's potential.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I only originally paid $28400 OTD after rebates... so not quite 5k. I could probably make 26k ish selling it private party but that sounds like more trouble than it's worth...

I'm really not that happy with the manual but I like the car otherwise and it's potential.

Payment is the same, however you will be entering a 6yr contract on a car that is already 1yr old. If you are going to do it, take the 0% for 60mo's instead of the 1.9 for 72. The payment will not be that different.

5.0jake

Established Member
Payment is the same, however you will be entering a 6yr contract on a car that is already 1yr old. If you are going to do it, take the 0% for 60mo's instead of the 1.9 for 72. The payment will not be that different.

I hear you something to think about.

I don't mind losing a little money. The auto is so much better to me. It's my fault for not checking the auto out to begin with.:nonono:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I hear you something to think about.

I don't mind losing a little money. The auto is so much better to me. It's my fault for not checking the auto out to begin with.:nonono:

Have them check again on the rebates, or ask them to show you the "Vincent" (rebates applicable to the vin of the car, at time of purchase). $500 and the rate seem a little low for an 11'.

Currently in my area they are offering $2000 and 1.9% for 60, or $1000 and 0% for 60. Often times, dealers forget to offer the customer the higher rate/rebate combo as everyone is so hooked on the 0%. I personally would take the $2000 and 1.9% as I am not going to keep the car for the term, and the extra $1000 has more value to me.

In my situatioin $1000 RCL Renewal Cash, + $1250 AZXD Edge Renewal Cash!! So I can get $4250 and 1.9% for 60mo, on top of the X plan price..... but I can't find an 11' that I want!!

Edit.... The Ford.com site is showing $500 + $500 and the rate for a Baltimore Zip

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/20...tang&SupplierCode=&zip=21201&trimName=Mustang GT

Vehicle: Mustang2011

Model: Mustang GT
Mustang GTSelect a model:
Filter By: Mustang GT

$500
Ford Credit Retail Bonus Customer Cash 3
AND

$500
Retail Bonus Customer Cash 4
AND

APR Financing 6 0.0% for 36 months
0.0% for 48 months
0.0% for 60 months
1.9% for 72 months

Last edited:

cmsnake

Established Member
You will not be disappointed in the auto. Basically just a fuel efficient and can handle a lot more power than the manual. And you will be able to sleep at night lol. Go for it, the piece of mind is worth it, not to mention the better rates available now.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Thanks Turtle I will definitely ask them about this.;-)

There may have been some addional cash thrown out there by FMCC for the upcoming July 4th weekend. Usually they will boost incentives a little to help with sales. This may have happened this past Thursday or Friday, and I believe it is called "The Great American Sales Event". Either way, ask them to see the Vincent in order for you to see all applicable rates/rebates on the car.

try03venom

Established Member
I did the same thing dealer gave me $27000 for my 1300mile base m6 with 3.55's and took money off the sticker dropped from 31,490 to $30200 and 2000 rebate and 750 ford coupon= New auto GT for $450!!! and a 3 hr drive one way.

skybob

Established Member
I think it sounds fair, and trading your car in, you will save A LOT on sales tax. Take the 25000 and times it by .(whatever your tax rate is) and you will see what your saving.

If you were in utah you'd be saving about 1700. Our tax rate is 6.85

5.0jake

Established Member
Decided to do it. Getting a new automatic 5.0 race red with charcoal interior tonight. Can't wait!!

kevinp

Established Member
Congrats.

I've seen a couple people get some great money when trading their used 2011 M6 for a 2011/2012 auto. I wonder if the dealers are thinking the manual GTs are more desirable like the previous years.

5.0jake

Established Member
Should be ready to pick up Thursday. They have to remove my GT500 axle back and premium steering wheel and put it on the new one.
It turned out to be candy apple red which is not what I was anticipated so I got them to knock off $500 right away for that. Ended being 300 under invoice and with the 1.9% interest rate, rebates, price haggling... my payment ended up being $21 less per month than before. I like the kona blue color I had before a little more but candy apple still looks good.
Overall very happy. I will post a few picks soon.
Plan on getting a tune after the 1000 mile break in.

Users who are viewing this thread