Trade 2012 Mustang??

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Jump over to the saloon and read up on getting that black car swirl free. Get a good orbital some m105 and m205 and a good wax. Then when you wash it never touch it. Thats how u stay swirl free. Invest in a foam gun and a good leaf blower. Black is the best color by far when its clean for 10 minutes. Whenever I feel like I get bored of my car i buy something for it too, makes me enjoy it again. Slap some exhaust and a tune on it and youll have a new love for your car

c. love

Established Member
Paint is easy to make look good you just need some tools and time. Trading off based upon swirls is a lame reason to trade a car off and incur several thousands of dollars in debt.

I personally could never buy a new car, its absolutely ludicrous because of the hit you take when you drive it off the lot. My 11' booked for 27k a year ago and now its 23k, I would hate to spend 38Kish on a loaded 14 and then a year later be at 29k makes me wanna puke.

I have to agree with Ill W1N a few mods makes these cars better. I threw a whole new suspension on mine and it made it NOT handle like a 70's deep freeze on wheels, a new tune plus cat deletes, intake, and exhaust woke it up beyond belief, a few styling cues have helped to make the car "mine" and now its damn near done and I actually like a car I once hated.

I say pay the thing down and throw a few mods on it.

I am at a point I was thinking of trading mine off to get a gt500 but alas I refuse to take a loss (my cars almost paid off but I have $$ into the parts i dumped into it) decided may as well keep this car and play around with it. Loosing hard earned money is a bad deal

dru440

Established Member
I just did this trade but I went from a base 12 to a base 14 with 373 gears... the base 14 is nicer imo. I also get the Ford A plan and worked in the business for several years. I received 20500 for my car and paid approx. 26000 w/tax and fees for my new one. Right now I know they have 4000 in rebates on premiums but the sticker price is about 35000. You can probably get another 3000 off from the dealer which would give you pricing at about 28000 plus taxes and then - your trade... I bet you could get 23000 for your car if you negotiate enough. So that said you would be in the ball park of 6000 difference otd ... but thats a base premium model.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
@ dru440......What color did you get? How many miles were on the car at delivery? Did you get a favorable interest rate? Pics?

Last edited:

rachelanne4579

Established Member
You're going to be superrrrr upside down. Keep your car. Save your money and use it towards getting front end/rear. You're going to lose a lot of money if you trade it in. I work in sales at a mercedes dealership. Trust me. Instead of losing that money, spend it upgrading yours. There's a company that makes conversion kits for 10-12 mustangs for the 13-14 rear end. I'll try and find the company again and let you know.

rachelanne4579

Established Member
Ask for Marcello at Silver Horse Racing. They have the conversion kit. Pretty sweet, and a better use of your money.

Este408

Established Member
Thanks so much for the info guys! Yea I went to the dealer and it's not worth it lol. So I'm just gonna keep this one and do some upgrades instead of trading it in. I'll just pay it off!

c. love

Established Member
You're going to be superrrrr upside down. Keep your car. Save your money and use it towards getting front end/rear. You're going to lose a lot of money if you trade it in. I work in sales at a mercedes dealership. Trust me. Instead of losing that money, spend it upgrading yours. There's a company that makes conversion kits for 10-12 mustangs for the 13-14 rear end. I'll try and find the company again and let you know.

the conversion for rear end just a bumper taillight change??

rachelanne4579

Established Member
the conversion for rear end just a bumper taillight change??

If he likes the 13-14s just for looks, then why not? This also allows you to get american muscle's GT500 lower valance with exhaust kit. It's expensive but a better use of funds than losing it to negative equity.

Users who are viewing this thread