Trade 2012 Mustang??

Este408

Established Member
So I bought my 2012 Mustang 5.0 Premium about 5 months ago. It is black with 15,000 miles and it has a 6 speed manual transmission. It is a beautiful car but I dont know why I wanna trade it for a 2014 Mustang 5.0. I have a loan on the car but might as well trade it in now that i haven't paid a lot on the loan. What do you guys think should I trade it in for the 2014 model what is your guys opinion? FYI I still ow 24k on the loan so just seeing what other can chime in and maybe help me make a decision!

CW1343

Established Member
If you really prefer the 13-14 style better then I say go for it before it's too late. You might be better off trying to see if any of the dealerships around you have a new '13. You could probably get a little better deal on it than the '14 just being one year older. 24K is a decent amount so if you are considering trading in, try to get at least that back. Good luck :beer:

Este408

Established Member
Yea thanks for the input man! My biggest reason to be honest for wanting to trade it in is because it is black and it is driving me crazy noticing all the swirls and dirt all around it. It just to time consuming and costly for me to maintain this color and plus I really want a dib or sterling gray!

5lho

Established Member
I think you'll be damn lucky to walk away with the remainder of the note paid.

You've paid 5 months of payments, plus whatever you put down, on a car now worth little more in trade than the remains of the note you owe.

It makes no financial sense whatsoever but, nothing worth doing ever does.

Este408

Established Member
I thats what I keep telling myself it makes no sense to trade it in I will probably come out loosing alot of money. But then again I always go back to wanting another 5.0.

01GTB

Established Member
You can forget about DIB if you are looking for something easier to keep clean than black.

I can understand wanting a color that doesn't look as dirty as fast, but what are you doing to get all the swirls?

Este408

Established Member
I bought the car with some swirls on it already I guess im just exaggerating a bit the paint is not that bad but you can notice the swirls when in the sun. I usally just take it to get washed and just get it expressed waxed which is ok in my opinion. Sometimes I was it at my house but im no professional detailer I just use microfiber towels to dry it all the time and a mitt to wash it.

bmyles

Established Member
I feel your pain I have a 78 t/a that's black lol. The way I look at it man your only going this way once do what you want to do its only money. Ya get 8 more hp to :)

Last edited:

KonaFifty

Established Member
if you dont want to have to detail it all the time...u have to get white...even my kona blue has swirls. from far away it looks good though, but up close you can see it. i plan to wax and polish it soon though.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
You owe 24k you won't get that from a dealer! Your looking at about 22k from a dealer so your gonna roll a minimum of 2k into your next car unless you put money down! Here are a few links to some 2013 gt premiums at Carmax see if you like any of these!

2013 Ford Mustang GT in Cool Springs, TN- 10046837 at carmax.com

2013 Ford Mustang GT in Richmond, VA- 9977295 at carmax.com

2013 Ford Mustang GT in Jacksonville, FL- 10032294 at carmax.com

2013 Ford Mustang GT in Kansas City, KS- 9954892 at carmax.com

2014 Ford Mustang GT in Garland, TX- 9802682 at carmax.com

2014 Ford Mustang GT in Kansas City, KS- 9744545 at carmax.com

http://www.carmax.com/enus/view-car...3-32c2a9f75e28&Ep=search:results:results page

Even though these cars are not in your area, Carmax will transfer them to the Carmax location in your area for a small transfer fee!

Good luck!

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Trade value is between 18-20k. For a manual base.
I got $19k for mine. But I've paid on it for 30 months. So I knocked a big dent in the loan.
You will def like the 13-14's more. I know I do.

5.0jake

Established Member
So I bought my 2012 Mustang 5.0 Premium about 5 months ago. It is black with 15,000 miles and it has a 6 speed manual transmission. It is a beautiful car but I dont know why I wanna trade it for a 2014 Mustang 5.0. I have a loan on the car but might as well trade it in now that i haven't paid a lot on the loan. What do you guys think should I trade it in for the 2014 model what is your guys opinion? FYI I still ow 24k on the loan so just seeing what other can chime in and maybe help me make a decision!
With paying 5 months on your current car I don't see how you wouldn't be upside down. 9 months to a year maybe. If you had put a lot of money down on your current car you will be losing that as well.
I get bored easily. I personally usually get 72 month loans at 1.9% apr with no money down and end up trading every 1 to 3 years. Always works out without rolling anything in or putting anything down. Kind of like leasing in a way.
I personally never trade if anything has to be rolled it without any down payment.

If you can work something out, the 14'auto 5.0 is awesome. With all of the trading Ive done over the years the 14'auto has been my favorite by far. Might be a keeper:) It's weird but the stock torque curve on my 14' auto feels drastically better than my prior 5.0's.
If you are going to swap for another manual I don't see how it would be worth it personally. Another option would be to pay more on your current car and wait for the 15's to come out.

Here are a few links to some 2013 gt premiums at Carmax see if you like any of these!
The problem with Carmax is their interest rates suck! Carmax is a great place to test drive cars however.

Last edited:

NCTroop

Established Member
You do this and then the 15's come out and you want one of those. Your back in the same boat in another year or so. If you like throwing money away go ahead. I have never traded a car in. Take the time to sell and keep your money.

Learn to love your current bad ass 5.0, pay it off and put a turbo on it. Just my opinion.

burke985

Established Member
keep what you got for a year or two , pay the loan down some and get a 16'. Not worth the few little upgrades the 13-14 offer to trade up now

Este408

Established Member
Thanks guys for all your feedback! After a goodnights sleep I think im going to just keep it and pay it off for a while and see in a couple years what comes out from ford! Maybe cause its stock thats y Im bored with it already and want a newer model. Which makes no damm sense i know because I would be getting another stock 5.0 lol. Let me see how it all goes when i put an exhaust and tune it and maybe single turbo when the tax money comes in next year!

5.0jake

Established Member
You do this and then the 15's come out and you want one of those. Your back in the same boat in another year or so. If you like throwing money away go ahead. I have never traded a car in. Take the time to sell and keep your money.

Learn to love your current bad ass 5.0, pay it off and put a turbo on it. Just my opinion.
When you trade you save on taxes on the newer car (pay tax on the difference between the trade and the new car). So to sell on the street you might make another $1000. Not worth the hassle with my busy schedule personally.
Performance cars or heavily modded cars should definitely be sold privately though.

I agree probably would be good to wait for the 16'. Should be rebates, upgrades and bugs worked out by then. Only way worth getting a 14' is if he desperately wants an auto and doesn't want to deal with swapping one in to his current car. That was the case with me and my last swap.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Op if want to swap maybe you should wait a little bit. A lot of folks have to have the latest and will be trading for the 15'. You should be able to get a deal once the 15's are out on a 13' or 14' which look much better than a 15' anyway,jmho. I'm gonna wait for the 20' lol!

dajohu

Established Member
Thanks guys for all your feedback! After a goodnights sleep I think im going to just keep it and pay it off for a while and see in a couple years what comes out from ford! Maybe cause its stock thats y Im bored with it already and want a newer model. Which makes no damm sense i know because I would be getting another stock 5.0 lol. Let me see how it all goes when i put an exhaust and tune it and maybe single turbo when the tax money comes in next year!

Not trying to be a party pooper but if it was me, I would take that take tax refund and any money you were thinking of putting into mods to pay down the loan instead. That way you will be able to sell it/trade it if you do decide to. I definitely would not put any money into mods if I didn't love the car and plan to keep it for a long while.

Users who are viewing this thread