Traction control/ stability control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brickell gt500

Established Member
I wanted to see what the majority of you are running when the weather is ideal? The question pertains to the traction control and stability control modes NOT suspension or steering modes. I put the car into sport mode "two taps". Just curious.

On another note:

I attended a stunt car school this past weekend and wanted to try out just a couple of simple maneuvers in the Shelby. I held the traction control button for 5 seconds to disable everything. I still had some issues. When pulling the handbrake it seems that the advanced trac wants to turn on. I was wondering if anyone else had experience of the advanced trac coming back to life? I wouldn't suggest doing any of it. I got a bunch of lights and a message to service advanced trac. It went away away a few miles down the road.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I leave it as it while driving around. At the track I am in advanced track sport locked mode.
+1. Mode 1 for day-to-day driving. Mode 3/7 while at the track.

Modes_zps5c3adff8.gif

hostile500

Established Member
so what this is saying is if i have the LC enabled i just have to put my foot on the brake and tap the LC button twice and it will be in mode 3 or 7?
Also what is this Drag start calibration?

Im new to the car and still trying to figure all this out.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Launch Control is the Drag Start setting.

Seems to me that unless you're accelerating from a stop, 3 and 7 are the same.

Same for a couple other combinations.

4 and 8 are completely identical.

RBB

Established Member
I always have traction control off, stability control on. Traction control is way too intrusive if you're trying to have some fun with the car, and I don't really like that it's using the brakes to regain traction. Seems like a good way to wear out your pads and rotors. My right foot is my traction control.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Ive been playing w/ all the different modes to see what I like. If conditions are Ideal I turn everything off and if its raining I only turn traction control off and leave advance track on.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I always have traction control off, stability control on. Traction control is way too intrusive if you're trying to have some fun with the car, and I don't really like that it's using the brakes to regain traction. Seems like a good way to wear out your pads and rotors. My right foot is my traction control.

I don't know how much you've experimented with the TC in sport mode, but this is the least intrusive TC program I've ever had on any of my mustangs. I can still kick the tail out with TC on and it doesn't feel like I threw an anchor out the window like it did when it fired off in my '03 Cobra. lol

Oh, and I drive around in 7 all the time. I don't need everything off just to go to the grocery store or whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread