Traction Bars?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Is there such a thing as a good, no-drill, traction bar for an 08+ F-350? I really wish Metco would make a set modeled after their kit for the Lightning.

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
I am looking for the same thing. Most all you see in the other forums will cost you an arm and both your legs! I know I didnt help much but I will let you know if I find something..

garbonzo1991gt

Flying Monkey Commander
Established Member
4-link is the way to go... If you can afford it. Otherwise traction bars are a good idea for lifted diesels... I never knew how much axle wrap I had until I threw my GoPro under my truck and took my 10k trailer around the block for the hell of it... Ridiculous amount of axle wrap... There is videos all over youtube showing how bad it can be.

I got my traction bars and traction blocks from a company called One Up Offroad. Love them. Makes the truck feel so much better. No more driveline shudder on hard shifts. Didn't loose any articulation either.

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
I'm going to talk to Metco about modifying their Lightning design to work on a Duty.

Ron at Metco used my Lightning to design the fuel rails... I actually have the first set made in a box at home. He gave me a "cleaner" set once the product was in production. I wonder if he would like to use my F250 to adapt the tractions bars... hmm. You have me thinking now!

I have seen many videos myself about axle wrap! I was shocked at how far it will twist...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ron at Metco used my Lightning to design the fuel rails... I actually have the first set made in a box at home. He gave me a "cleaner" set once the product was in production. I wonder if he would like to use my F250 to adapt the tractions bars... hmm. You have me thinking now!

I have seen many videos myself about axle wrap! I was shocked at how far it will twist...

I'd like to hear what Metco would have to say about taking on the project.

hweb30

02 V6
Established Member
do yourself a favor and either talk to kelderman for a full air ride for towing, or call one up offroad and truck toyz for just the traction bars, they both are the best suspension companies in the business, and have some of the best looking kits

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
do yourself a favor and either talk to kelderman for a full air ride for towing, or call one up offroad and truck toyz for just the traction bars, they both are the best suspension companies in the business, and have some of the best looking kits

Not really interested in doing a full conversion or drilling the frame. A Metco upper system would be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread