Tracking Phone Number

JMoraru

Established Member
Someone broke a window with a golf ball at my parents house. The guy owned up to it and said he would pay to fix it and we got his phone number. I called him after getting a quote to fix it and now we can't ever get him to answer on the number he gave us. Does anyone know how to trace the exact person who the phone # is assigned to? Maybe he is traveling for the holidays or something, but I'm wondering if he decided to avoid us now.

Richter888

Established Member
Sounds like the guy gave you a fake number. I would call the police next time to make a report and get the guy's info. Good luck getting the money.

ThomasL

Established Member
Dang that sucks. All you got was his phone number? Probably fake/random number. People are shitheads.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Try either of these links. I use the second one all the time. Both let you type in the phone number and if the number is listed you'll get a name and address. If it is unlisted, you'll have to pay a search fee to try to get an address. Assuming, of course, that the number you got is legit. Remember that a lot of people nowadays don't answer the phone when they don't recognize the name from the caller ID. Maybe that's why nobody at the number you have is picking up the phone. Or they could be out and about with this being the shopping season. Hopefully you'll get an address if the number is legit.
http://www.reversephonedirectory.com/
http://www.whitepages.com/

JMoraru

Established Member
this.

Give us the name and number that he gave you and we'll tell you if you got hosed or not.

I'll give him a few more days to call back before I do that.

I used the reverse look up websites, but the only thing I can get that it's a Verizon # in Atlanta.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
You live on a golf course? Use your home owners insurance if you can't track him down. I think something like that happened at my old course and there wasn't anything the homeowner could do about the damage with the golfer. I could be wrong though.

JMoraru

Established Member
You live on a golf course? Use your home owners insurance if you can't track him down. I think something like that happened at my old course and there wasn't anything the homeowner could do about the damage with the golfer. I could be wrong though.

My parents do, I was just over there for a Sunday lunch. I've done some research and found several different opinions and it seemed people said liability on the course also depends on whether the house or the course was there first. The house was there first and then the course was built around the house. I'm not sure if they would really want to go after the course. The golf course wraps around the entire yard, but its a decent size lot and there are trees that block most balls from getting to the house. They have had a few windows broken since they have been there, but this is the first that the person owned up to it. I guess we just felt too comfortable with the fact that he seemed willing to pay for it.

JMoraru

Established Member
Ok guys, I still haven't heard back.

This is all I have on the guy: Blake 404-918-2990

Now, I'm not SURE that this is correct info. I let my dad take charge and just copied the number as he was saying it just in case. My dad also only has his first name. I thought to get his ID, but at the time it didn't seem like he had reason to lie to us.

The house has a fence separating the golf course. Once we called over that someone broke a window, he willingly came all the around the property to see the damage, apologized, and gave us his info to contact him when we get a quote. I usually don't trust people and get all the info i can, but it looks like the one time i decided not to it's biting us in the ass.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Would there be any way to go to the golf course and see if they fill out any paperwork to play or have any records of who was there that day? (never been golfing so idk if they do stuff like that or not)

truefiveo

Established Member
Someone broke a window with a golf ball at my parents house. The guy owned up to it and said he would pay to fix it and we got his phone number. I called him after getting a quote to fix it and now we can't ever get him to answer on the number he gave us. Does anyone know how to trace the exact person who the phone # is assigned to? Maybe he is traveling for the holidays or something, but I'm wondering if he decided to avoid us now.

Man just tell your folks to suck it up and move on ....I mean really what can you do to the guy?

Hang him upside down and pop the repair money out of him?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Wouldn't you expect to get broken windows living on a golf course? I would of thought that the golf course is responsible for damage cause by paying customers. Not like the guy purposely broke a Window.

JMoraru

Established Member
Man just tell your folks to suck it up and move on ....I mean really what can you do to the guy?

Hang him upside down and pop the repair money out of him?

The guy admitted guilt and said he would pay for it. He broke it, why not him pay for it?

Wouldn't you expect to get broken windows living on a golf course? I would of thought that the golf course is responsible for damage cause by paying customers. Not like the guy purposely broke a Window.

So, your logic is because the house is on a golf course that they should just be ok with people breaking windows and moving on with their day? The house is pretty well protected and rarely gets hit...this guy hit a terrible shot. Then he came over and agreed to pay for it...

I've read varying things on how the golf course is liable. Many golf courses transfer liability to the golfers. If the house was built after the course, the homeowner assumes liability. However, if the golf course was built around the house, then liability can be taken back to the golf course and golfers...which is the case here.

truefiveo

Established Member
The guy admitted guilt and said he would pay for it. He broke it, why not him pay for it?

So, your logic is because the house is on a golf course that they should just be ok with people breaking windows and moving on with their day? The house is pretty well protected and rarely gets hit...this guy hit a terrible shot. Then he came over and agreed to pay for it...

I've read varying things on how the golf course is liable. Many golf courses transfer liability to the golfers. If the house was built after the course, the homeowner assumes liability. However, if the golf course was built around the house, then liability can be taken back to the golf course and golfers...which is the case here.

The energy you are gonna put into finding this guy really isn't worth the headache...he obviously doesn't plan on paying you all willfully.
Are your parents who live off a beautiful suburban golf course really hurting for repair money that bad??

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Blake Head (30yrs)
2756 Summercrest Ln
Duluth, GA 30096

678-349-2416 might be another number to try.

Users who are viewing this thread