Track video chasing GTR with prepped 2014 GT

dmichaels

Established Member
Had some fun at Palmer the other day... I was on my OK tires for these laps, swapped in the next session and ran faster. Best of the day was 1.44.1, I'll post that video in a follow up post for reference

Anyways, always fun with Eric and his GTR. In this clip, he had a (unknown at the time) broken sway bar end link in the rear, hence the looseness.

Last edited:

dmichaels

Established Member
Serious G's in the corners. Nice! What suspension and tires are you running? Engine mods? Sounds great!

I'm on Koni yellows, but they are customized into double adjustable and orificed to support my #550/#280 ft/rr springs. Running -3.2 camber up front, and have various other parts in there

The laos following the GTR were on conti slicks, G5000 I think, 275 square? Then the quick lap was on Pirelli DH 305's, square again

Very impressed by the Pirelli!

Engine is stock except for Steeda intake and a tune. I run without mufflers, hence the volume. It has a 3 quart accusump setup as well to support oiling at high g's

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never raced on a road course, but man, it always looks like so much fun. Much more fun than at a drag strip. I give your driving skills a big thumbs up. You obviously have some experience. Well done! Oh, and that GTR did pretty well, even with the sway bar issue. Nice second vid!

dmichaels

Established Member
I've never raced on a road course, but man, it always looks like so much fun. Much more fun than at a drag strip. I give your driving skills a big thumbs up. You obviously have some experience. Well done! Oh, and that GTR did pretty well, even with the sway bar issue. Nice second vid!

It is very very fun! And thx, I've been doing these for a while now, and I've been instructing for 4 years now as well.

The GTR driver is very good too, we typically run pretty closely when we are on similar tires

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Good driving, having had 2 GTRs, I can tell you they are fairly well sorted for a 'stock' car on-track, so I don't know what all mods the guy had you were chasing, but regardless, you both were hauling the mail. Not bad keeping up with one with the light motor mods (on the straight bits). I only did 2 two track days in my GTRs, as I have a prepped Evo (500whp/2400lbs on slicks), which I track, so you sir, have my respect.

dmichaels

Established Member
Good driving, having had 2 GTRs, I can tell you they are fairly well sorted for a 'stock' car on-track, so I don't know what all mods the guy had you were chasing, but regardless, you both were hauling the mail. Not bad keeping up with one with the light motor mods (on the straight bits). I only did 2 two track days in my GTRs, as I have a prepped Evo (500whp/2400lbs on slicks), which I track, so you sir, have my respect.

Evo must be a hoot... great power to weight, any video footage of it on track?

Users who are viewing this thread