Track Vid - Summit Point

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Hell yeah man. Awesome vid and sound. I LOVED driving my stang around turn 10 on that track and just pushing the car to a "safe" level of awesomeness. Of course I enjoyed the entire track. I also captured mine with a gopro. The rush! Thanks for posting!

How fast did you hit down the straight away?

0:30-0:54 me passing a CTS-V on that same straight away at Summit Point, woot! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXtku7A9uFI

Last edited:

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Thanks guys!

Hell yeah man. Awesome vid and sound. I LOVED driving my stang around turn 10 on that track and just pushing the car to a "safe" level of awesomeness. Of course I enjoyed the entire track. I also captured mine with a gopro. The rush! Thanks for posting!

How fast did you hit down the straight away?

0:30-0:54 me passing a CTS-V on that same straight away at Summit Point, woot! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXtku7A9uFI

Ya, turn 10 is a good amount of fun. it starts with a small bit of understeer at turn in, but then its about throttle control not to get the rear end around lol.

Have to say, my favorite is turn 9. something about getting on the throttle early and accelerating uphill while the rear end skips out on the bumps.

As far as speed down the main straight, looking at the gauges now its around 145mph.

86Fbody

Established Member
You don't like 4-5 best? I heard in the advanced class that the fastest you should be able to do down 4 into 5 is about 100 or a little more, that has to take some balls.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
You don't like 4-5 best? I heard in the advanced class that the fastest you should be able to do down 4 into 5 is about 100 or a little more, that has to take some balls.

Well, now you're going to make me say it.. I like every single turn lol!
Looking at the vids, fastest I took 4 was ~90mph. Maybe a set of camber plates will give me the additional confidence for that extra 10mph.

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Great vid. The holy G meter was pegged out a few times LOL

Haha! I like that, "holy G-meter"

I second turka's question. Also, thanks for making me want a BOSS even more :/

Well, I never thought I'd own a mustang, always thought I'd end up in a STi, or a Mazda. But right when I read my first Boss review, back in 2012, I knew it was the perfect car I was looking for!

I'm running 18x10 F14's wrapped in 285/35 Hankook RS-3's. I found out the tires like to be in the mid/high 30psi range when warm. As for pads, I went with Carbotech XP12's up front and XP10's for the rear.

Last edited:

krman68

Established Member
Man o man, Jesus was hanging on for dear life from the rear view. Looked like a blast. I've only been to VIR once and we really couldn't open it up on the track do to the crowds...it was a SAAC event. Some day you have to go to Watkins Glen. IMO by far the most fun...great vid btw

F.D.Sako

Established Member
Do you drive those pads on the street also or swap them when done?

I've had the pads in there since last season. The car is my weekend car, but since I dont have a garage and it's kept outside, I try to drive it every weekend, no matter the weather (with winter tires during winter).

The pads will squeal at slower speeds, specially in colder weather. I also experienced minor pad transfer to the rotors when cold, but nothing a few hard brakes couldn't fix. I'll be replacing the fronts with the same stuff, and driving it on the streets again.

I think I'll stick with this setup until I decide to use slicks, then I'll consider more aggressive pads. Meanwhile, next brake mod will be cooling ducts.

Man o man, Jesus was hanging on for dear life from the rear view. Looked like a blast. I've only been to VIR once and we really couldn't open it up on the track do to the crowds...it was a SAAC event. Some day you have to go to Watkins Glen. IMO by far the most fun...great vid btw

LOL!
This year's plan was to attend VIR and NJMP... possibly Glen, but seems like work has other plans for me, I may be heading to WA soon :(. Hope there are tracks out there.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I always like watching these SCCA event videos. Always look like so much fun.

97WHITEVENOM

Established Member
That was some pretty good driving on your part man!! Excellent! Car sounds awesome too.

That front straight is looooooong. I have been well over 160mph on that straight.... without any doors! lol:D

Users who are viewing this thread