Track tires

krman68

Established Member
Black sheep, were you up at Watkins in June ? ( before your Race). I was up on Monday and Tues 6/23-24 with the Phoenix CMR group . I may have been out on the track with you

sl0214smith

Established Member
I will double check because I would love to run 18"s and save some bucks as well as open up my choices but I was told when I got the car that I need 19" wheels since the 13-14 GT500s have the 6 piston brembos.

I'll check though
Have you found out what 18" wheels fit on 13-14 GT500s? I would like to buy some.

Hcw63

Established Member
I'm new to the forum, and your not going to like my answer. I recently had a 2013 gt 500. I was able to get AMR 18x9 on the front (with some modifications to the front calipers for sure). I ran falken Azenis rt-615k tires at at Carolina motorsports park in kershaw SC in the spring of 2013. It made a world of difference in the handling. The factory f1 tires should be thrown away. I would be more than glad to tell you how I did it. But it's not for the faint of heart. Also if you running stock rotors get a brake cooling kit and change the fluid. 10 minutes of racing and the brakes were really soft. At times I wish I still had that car, but now I'm building a dedicated track car. Good luck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

HooperWest

DECIDER
Established Member
Anyone run Toyo R888? I need a DOT tire for a few events and they have sizes I want at a better price than Nitto 555R II. 295/305-18
Steve

I ran R888s, no issues, going to Slicks this season though. The R888 is a predictable and durable tire.

file_zps2ebfa9e3.jpg

[video=youtube;thoHwCYrtMg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thoHwCYrtMg[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thoHwCYrtMg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread