Track Rental @ MIR on February 7th

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Might have to try and make this... Got to get to the dyno before then but the car is together and done. Will there be fuel available?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
in my experience at MIR, fuel is open for the first hour only... I just don't want to make any promises (esp since it's the off season)

I second this, typically it is available, but only for a little bit when they first open the gates. Probably wouldn't hurt to check with Jason though, see what the plan is.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Fuel has always been available for these rentals. Without fuel, many won't go.

Just curious since it's so early in the season. Not sure if Summit Point sells fuel in the off season either.

Guess I'll check and see what shakes loose.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
There is a Oceanic gas station in Mechanicsville right off of Route 5 that sells race gas. Its not that far from the track either. Not sure if they will be selling it in February but you can call and check. Here is a link with their contact info and address: Oceanic - 29233 Three Notch Rd - Mechanicsville, MD - Maryland Gas Prices

At the fall rental they did have gas but it was only for a few minutes just after the gates opened. So if you need race gas you better get there right when the gates open.

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Was told that Summit Point does sell fuel year round.

I won't be able to make it though. Just got the car back together and fired up tonight (Wow race gas doesn't like the cold.... Started harder than my truck does), probably won't make it to the dyno by the end of this month to get the tune finished up.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I had a hell of a time getting it to fire up. Kept firing once or twice then dying. Then after a few more cranks it was running on maybe 3 cylinders. Let it run for a few seconds like that to get some heat in it then shut it off. Cranked again a minute later and it fired up smoothly... and filled the garage with smoke. :D

It's also been sitting for 3 months.... might have contributed. I've never had a problem getting it started after sitting for a while on pump gas though.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I know. I am going to try and extend their life by running a few gallons of 93 through it every now and then to burn the lead off the sensors.

The benefits of the lead far outweigh having to replace a couple O2's every year or so.

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I know. I am going to try and extend their life by running a few gallons of 93 through it every now and then to burn the lead off the sensors.

The benefits of the lead far outweigh having to replace a couple O2's every year or so.

Ok no problem, just so long as you know. I figured you probably did, but some folks don't.

Users who are viewing this thread