track bar questions

svtjerrod

Established Member
i have some questions about traction bars in general. i understand that there are several kinds and that the main thing they do is hold the axle still from rolling..

here i swhat i dont understand.. when installing trac links do you have to reset pinion angle?? the reason i ask i s because pinion angle is set to where when launching the axle will roll straight in line with the driveshaft.. if you stop axle roll how will it roll into line? so you set it straight or not before installing bars or links..

BillsSnake

I just had the Metco Track-Links installed and part of the process is to check pinion angle to make sure it is within accepted standards. By the way it is awesome when combined with the FTVB.

Last edited:

svtjerrod

Established Member
ok i understand that it prevents axle wrap, knew that before, however when u look under your lightning you will notice the rear end is not in perfect line with the driveshaft. it is tilted down so when it loads up it comes inline with the driveshaft. and since trac bars prevent the axle housing from rolling when loaded up do you set pinion angle straight?? seems that if you install trac bars with stock pinion angle it would not be right due to the lack of movement. i know the movement is bad, thus the reason for the links..

i geuss to make this simple, those of you who have installed trac bars did you have to change your pinion angle??

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
wheel hop can suck :) and no pinion angle needs to be changed. I use the JLP traction bars (which I believe is Metco?) and I love em.

Users who are viewing this thread