Track Attack on May 31st.

RobG64

Established Member
Went in June with my son. Had a great time. Only did the 1 day. Would have liked to have done the 2nd day but couldn't make it work with my schedule. Stayed in their preferred hotel which was pretty nice. They even hook you up with a deal for a very discounted car rental. All of the info is provided on their website. As far as paying for the insurance, I highly recommend it. We had one guy in our class temporarily leave the track. No damage done but...... could have been been pretty bad...worth the $100 or so for the peace of mind. Also recommend you bring a Go Pro camera.

Rob G

Para81

Established Member
Alright what if I want to bring a girlfriend, can she hang out on the bench and watch and not pay $1200?

RobG64

Established Member
Alright what if I want to bring a girlfriend, can she hang out on the bench and watch and not pay $1200?

Yes. They can hang out and watch. They'll even get an opportunity to ride with one of the instructors on a hot lap at the end of the day.

mvic1518

Established Member
It's $100 for a non driving guest, I took my wife and two other guys also brought their wifes they hung out and had a good time. For 100 bucks they get a dinner, lunch and two hot laps... Hard to beat.

kbroush

Established Member
It's $100 for a non driving guest, I took my wife and two other guys also brought their wifes they hung out and had a good time. For 100 bucks they get a dinner, lunch and two hot laps... Hard to beat.

You can take more that one non-driving guest?

kbroush

Established Member
Went in June with my son. Had a great time. Only did the 1 day. Would have liked to have done the 2nd day but couldn't make it work with my schedule. Stayed in their preferred hotel which was pretty nice. They even hook you up with a deal for a very discounted car rental. All of the info is provided on their website. As far as paying for the insurance, I highly recommend it. We had one guy in our class temporarily leave the track. No damage done but...... could have been been pretty bad...worth the $100 or so for the peace of mind. Also recommend you bring a Go Pro camera.

Rob G

Do you remember exactly what the insurance us for? They were kind of vague with me about it.

RobG64

Established Member
Do you remember exactly what the insurance us for? They were kind of vague with me about it.

It minimizes the amount you are responsible for if something happens to the car while you are driving it. If you don't buy the insurance, you are on the hook for any and all damage to the vehicle. It's one of those, "you break it, you bought it" deals if you don't opt for the insurance.

Hope that helps.

RobG64

Established Member
What if you buy a used Boss and the original owner never did the track event? Can you use it?

I don't think so. Limited to original owners only. You can always contact the people at MMP that run the event and verify. Call them at 435-277-8794 and ask for Bill Rhinehart.

I hope I'm wrong and it works out for you.

Rob G

65sohc

Established Member
I've done my share of schools and track days. Is there anything particularly unique about this? I was pretty pumped up about it at first but after watching some youtube videos it seems pretty standard fare.

Users who are viewing this thread