"Town's Speeding Cameras are a scam" said a judge. Hmm, really?

Juiced 66

Established Member
Im a cop, and I think they are nothing but a money maker for the city. I received a ticket in the mail from one in my town a few years back. Well, I had sold my truck, and the guy that bought it ran a red light before he titled the truck in his name. I didn't pay it, because it is a "civil fine" they can't prove who was driving the truck, and it wasn't me so screw it.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
like i mentioned on the local site, i can't believe it took this long for a judge to finally rule that speeding/red light cams are a violation of due process. better now than never

Juiced 66

Established Member
^ exactly.

Kinda hard to plead not guilty and confront your accuser in court when no actual person saw you commit an offense.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
Our city spent thousands of dollars having them installed at 2 major intersections. All they did was cause accidents as several people slammed on their brakes when the light turned yellow. And apparently, the service was insanely expensive to pay for. They were eventually removed after about 6 months. Countless tax dollars were wasted on this endeavor. And literally only a handful of tickets were written...

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
our county loves speed cameras, the road a few blocks from me has two on the same side of the street about 500 feet from each other? WTF is the point of that? To make money.

jbs$

Established Member
They are a version of buccaneering with a badge. Their only purpose is to provide revenue for the government body that installed them. Often, behind the program are additional fraud and pay offs the government official. Big money is alway at stake in these scams.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I hear that they're common in VA, around the DC area...imagine that.

tistan

Established Member
I will say that the red light camera at one of our major intersections solved the constant problem of 5-6 cars running the light after it turned red. The way I see it is don't run that red light and the city can't collect revenue.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I will say that the red light camera at one of our major intersections solved the constant problem of 5-6 cars running the light after it turned red. The way I see it is don't run that red light and the city can't collect revenue.

There is about a 3-4 car delay before the cars clear the lane of movement here in shithole Atlanta. Usually some young nagger in his/her grandparents impala or malibu.

jbs$

Established Member
Tristan, in a sane world you would be correct. Unfortunately, what happen is when the very expenses camera doesn't produce enough revenue, they start shortening the time length of the yellow light. It will be reduced to the level required to produce the necessary red light violations and revenue. This has been the repeated scandal.

mnewxcv

Established Member
Tristan, in a sane world you would be correct. Unfortunately, what happen is when the very expenses camera doesn't produce enough revenue, they start shortening the time length of the yellow light. It will be reduced to the level required to produce the necessary red light violations and revenue. This has been the repeated scandal.

there are laws that state the shortest a yellow light can be. in MA its 3 seconds IIRC. they cant make it like 1 second and ticket everybody.

jbs$

Established Member
Why do you think it was necessary to make the length of a yellow light a matter of law? Also, if the 3 seconds get shaved to 2 or 2 and a small fraction, it will make a big difference to the camera. It will be tough for the citizens.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
our county loves speed cameras, the road a few blocks from me has two on the same side of the street about 500 feet from each other? WTF is the point of that? To make money.

They are almost EVERY intersection in Vegas, big and small

01bluesnake

Established Member
Why do you think it was necessary to make the length of a yellow light a matter of law? Also, if the 3 seconds get shaved to 2 or 2 and a small fraction, it will make a big difference to the camera. It will be tough for the citizens.

The problem comes in with reaction time of the driver. It takes the body at least 1 second to process the yellow light and start pressing the brake pedal, assuming you watching the light like a hawk. I hate red light camera's but luckily (crossing fingers) haven't gotten a ticket once. I usually start to coast down in speed coming to one of those lights, foot over the brake pedal (not braking) and if i get too close foot gets prepared to do WOT on the gas pedal LOL. Hasnt failed me yet.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
We have over 50 speeding/red light cameras installed in Calgary.
They collect over 3 million dollars in fines each year! :eek:

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
There is about a 3-4 car delay before the cars clear the lane of movement here in shithole Atlanta. Usually some young nagger in his/her grandparents impala or malibu.

"nagger"
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I thought I was the only was who said that. Not in a racist way, most people who I call that are white.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
They can shut them all down for all I care. The town I live in has installed three speed camera traps in the name of the children.

Users who are viewing this thread