Tough Mudder MO

blk96slowbra

Established Member
Ill be taking on the Tough Mudder in Poplar Bluff, MO tomorrow. Anybody else doing this or one in another city? Should be a lot of fun

'03GTinFLA

Established Member
I'll be doing the 12 mile Tough Mudder in Tampa in December. I've been training for it for a while since cardio was never my thing. I'm more of a lift things up and put them down guy. Either way it does look like a blast.

03snkvert

Established Member
A buddy of mine from work left Iowa today heading down. They are on team "Psycho Ward"

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Hahahaha my skinny ass kid brother (he's 52) did a tough mudder recently. He did it in spite of his buddy dropping out at the last minute. He is deaf (wears two hearing aids) and so he needed an extra pair of ears in case he missed something since he couldnt wear them during the event. Actually finished it too. now he is hooked and plans to do more.

Last edited:

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
I did the Vermont one in august, it was a lot of fun. The hardest part of the VT one was the actual mountain. The obstacles were fun and fairly easy. The worst obstacle was the arctic plunge ( its freaking cold!) I am signed up for the boston one already again. you wil have fun

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Did the 12 mile Wisconsin TM about a month ago. Was a lot of fun and we had a decent day for it. Actually wasn't as hard as described as it was a flat course.

Getting zapped isn't that bad as long as you don't take a direct zap to the dome. The worst obstacle was actually the ice bath!

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
The ice bath is miserable haha. OP just don't start out too quick! My friends and I are in real good shape and took off super quick; we died pretty soon thereafter into it and had to slow down.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Hahahaha my skinny ass kid brother (he's 52) did a tough mudder recently. He did it in spite of his buddy dropping out at the last minute. He is deaf (wears two hearing aids) and so he needed an extra pair of ears in case he missed something since he couldnt wear them during the event. Actually finished it too. now he is hooked and plans to do more.

I'm near deaf and wear two HA's as well;) I wouldn't ever wear them in an event like this because they are NOT cheap to replace. I do have older ones, but they suck.

I am trying to talk myself into doing one, but I am first going to try Orienteering in the next couple weeks.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Apparently it is a good idea to buddy up with a hearing guy since you can't wear your aids during the event. I am now wearing two now myself due to some hereditary loss. At almost 5 grand apiece there is no way I would chance all the mud lol. He had a blast. I think Utah is next on his schedule.

I'm near deaf and wear two HA's as well;) I wouldn't ever wear them in an event like this because they are NOT cheap to replace. I do have older ones, but they suck.

I am trying to talk myself into doing one, but I am first going to try Orienteering in the next couple weeks.

UnorthodoxCreat

Established Member
I did the Mid Atlantic one in Frederick, MD in Sept. Couldn't do the ice bath due to lightning at the time. We did everything else and it really wasnt too bad. We did it as a large group and it was a great team exercise. Most of us are planning to do one next year and we have more people who want to join the group.

SpectorV

Established Member
we have a similar thing that just took place around here, the issue is SO many showed up you had to wait in line etc so it really want that good overall.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I ran in the one in Phoenix back in January. I qualified for toughest mudder but its ****ing expensive, and its held in November in New Jersey. With my deployment in December I can't risk injury so maybe in 2014.

Electric eel, that's the worst ****ing obstacle by far. I swallowed a good amount of muddy water.

stangin99

Established Member
Running my 3rd mudder next weekend in NJ, should be fun but I'm not liking the parking situation this time around.

termin8rdsg

Established Member
I did the Vermont one in august, it was a lot of fun. The hardest part of the VT one was the actual mountain. The obstacles were fun and fairly easy. The worst obstacle was the arctic plunge ( its freaking cold!) I am signed up for the boston one already again. you wil have fun

Get out, I just ran the rugged maniac 5k only and I am hooked, didn't know you ran these too. Im going to look at the Boston one now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For those who have never heard of the Tough Mudder, go HERE. For those who have, the video should bring back fond memories of your own Tough Mudder event. I have never attended one, but would like to give it a shot.

PaladinMan187

Ford/Subaru Parts Guru
Established Member
I did the Mid Atlantic one in Frederick, MD in Sept. Couldn't do the ice bath due to lightning at the time. We did everything else and it really wasnt too bad. We did it as a large group and it was a great team exercise. Most of us are planning to do one next year and we have more people who want to join the group.

I didn't know what it was until that weekend. I live about 3 miles from where they held the Frederick MD one and found out about it when I heard on the radio they had closed it off when it reached capacity too early.

blk96slowbra

Established Member
The event was so much fun. Only got a few cuts on my hands and legs. Really wasn't as tough as I thought it was going to be. You'd run a bit and then wait in line for the obstacles. The arctic enema SUCKED and the final obstacle shock therapy wouldn't have been bad had someone not wipedout in front of me causing me to fall and then I just got lit up by the wires. Overall great experience, will definitely do again.

Users who are viewing this thread