touch screen car stereos!

01CobraRJ21

Established Member
Found the Cobra, SVT logo off the internet than had to use a micro sd card and put it into the slot and change the splash screen is what its called. Most of the nav decks should have a splash screen setting

oh ok..and i was reading up on yours and it says you have to pay extra money for features?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
yeah my stock stereo is starting to mess up. volume goes up even when i turn it down so id rather switch to touch. i was thinking about this pioneer one . Alpine TME-S370 6.5" slim touchscreen monitor at Crutchfield.com

lol same shit here. If you turn it down to fast it will go all the way up. I have to turn it very slowly and that only works half the time.

wow this is more common then i thought my factory stereo is doing the same thing with the volume control go to turn it down and the volume goes up all crazy.

Yeah its common. My uncles 01 crown vic does it. Word of advice, if it acts up, mute the radio then screw with the volume. You can also run a system self diagnosis by tuning into FM and holding the 3 and 6 at the same time :read:

what do you guys think of this one? its an ebay one. would it be better to get a name brand one or have people had good luck with ebay? i thought the dummy security face was a cool feature Anti-Theft In Deck GPS Sygic BT+Radio PIP HD 7"TouchScreen Car DVD Player Camera | eBay

Don't cheap out on a double din. One of my friends has a kenwood and even that is a buggy unresponsive piece of crap. In the cold it won't respond to anything.

I just put a pioneer X930BT in my car, crutchfield had 100 bucks off around christmas and I swear I got the last one. If you can find a X930BT, go for it, if not wait for the new X940BT. It has a totally new OS with alot of Iphone and some android support. It looks the exact same as a X930BT, just the software is different...

Here is my X930BT, just put it in the other day, loving it so far :rockon:

e3541a0c.jpg

84220319.jpg

f1ff785c.jpg

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
those look so nice! but yeah i didnt really want to spend that much on one as long as it works im fine with it. just got it in today! looks pretty good i.m.o

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
yeah im with you on that ^. i just didnt really need anything that fancy i just want to be able to play ipod and have touch screen. i wanted that pioneer bad but i couldnt see myself spending $800 since i want a new set of wheels

Silver TT

Established Member
Are they or just a certain few ?. It sucks haveing all these options for duble din radios but the majority only seem to support iphone.

The Pioneer AppRadio 2 coming out in April definitely supports Android. But not sure if you care about that one. Seems pretty slick but might not be as full featured when not hooked up to a phone. But then again, when are you ever in a car without a phone and its nice to use the latest technology with navigation like Google Maps, Internet Radio, Weather, etc.

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
for some reason after i installed mine it seemed to actually make it sound worse... it has no bass and i have been adjusting it and everything, do you think something may have been hooked up wrong causing the speakers to not have any quality bass in them anymore

Mystic03

Established Member
for some reason after i installed mine it seemed to actually make it sound worse... it has no bass and i have been adjusting it and everything, do you think something may have been hooked up wrong causing the speakers to not have any quality bass in them anymore

What deck do you have and you probably dont have the right wiring harness

Heres my setup pioneer avh-4100

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

Taylor_SVT

Is that a Phantom nicka?
Established Member
i have the AVH2300 by Pioneer. I dont remember which harness i bought, got one online and it said it was for 99-04 mach 460 im pretty sure. but yeah heres a pic ( i havent got the plastic frame on yet gotta resize it)
DSC_0681.jpg

Mystic03

Established Member
Its the harness i did two pioneer deck installs both 03 cobras and has same issue you have go to youre nearest audio place and let them know what deck you have and they will get you correct harness

Users who are viewing this thread