Totaled with heavy mods

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I am, but we both know what needs to happen with the engine that's in there first. If you don't mind a little down time while that is dealt with that could be a winner. I'm not promising anything right now, time to get some research going.

This sucks.

Fun4me

Established Member
The adjuster that just chimed in could answer this for sure. But doesn't the insurance have to give you "replacement value", not just book value? If the other person's insurance is paying for it anyway, document all the things done to the car and try and get more money out of them.

^^
This 100%, you were hit from the back. Did they send the adjuster out already from the other company? This is not your fault, so you shouldn't be responsible.
If it was your fault, and you never adjusted your coverage to cover the upgraded parts, then you would be SOL. GL.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
My insurance company, usaa, told me to just keep receipts and pictures. No notification to them was needed. Hopefully they will deal with this incident similarly.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
My insurance company, usaa, told me to just keep receipts and pictures. No notification to them was needed. Hopefully they will deal with this incident similarly.

I can say with certainty(take that as you will, wink wink) that they won't give you what you paid dollar for dollar your best bet would be to replace stock parts that were not damaged.

OP, no idea what time frame they will give you, but typically if you have rental coverage it ends 7 days after the settlement date.

PM sent to OP

Last edited:

Fun4me

Established Member

If you add value into the car, you will need to insure it for the higher value.
Meaning, pay more money. Then you might be covered, if the accident is your fault. Still unlikely that you will ever recover the full labor costs.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
the people that are saying they should pay for his aftermarket parts are misinformed... he is not paying a higher insurance premium based on the upgrades.... why would he get higher replacement value back than say I would with my mostly stock mustang when he is paying the same insurance.

So you put a lambo motor into your mustang and it totals and you get 100k back even though you never told anyone about your swap... good luck with that!

djniknala

Established Member
the people that are saying they should pay for his aftermarket parts are misinformed... he is not paying a higher insurance premium based on the upgrades.... why would he get higher replacement value back than say I would with my mostly stock mustang when he is paying the same insurance.

So you put a lambo motor into your mustang and it totals and you get 100k back even though you never told anyone about your swap... good luck with that!

If he was not at fault then it is the other driver's insurance that has to indemnify him for the loss. IE replace what was wrecked. Now if it caught on fire in his driveway it's a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Not 100% percent on it being a total yet, but talking to the estimator it's likely.

Damage on the front too, hood, fender, cover and support, 1 HID lamp.
I got the green light to start yanking parts off. Hopefully this turns into a gray 13 auto.

Last edited:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Wow, that sucks something serious bro. I'm watching my mirror like crazy everytime I come to a stop. Hoping it might give me a chance to move. I also hate the people who stop up your a$$!

Hope it works out for the better

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Wow, that sucks something serious bro. I'm watching my mirror like crazy everytime I come to a stop. Hoping it might give me a chance to move. I also hate the people who stop up your a$$!

Hope it works out for the better

Yeah, that was just a shitty deal all around. I'm very glad I run the headrest all the way up. I saw it coming and pushed back in the seat and I'm not sore at all. The SUV that hit me made its own crumple zone out of the trunk- anything lower would have drilled the bumper and really made a mess of things.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Yeah, that was just a shitty deal all around. I'm very glad I run the headrest all the way up. I saw it coming and pushed back in the seat and I'm not sore at all. The SUV that hit me made its own crumple zone out of the trunk- anything lower would have drilled the bumper and really made a mess of things.

Just glad it wasn't any worse than it was. Car can be replaced. Hopefully they total it out so you can get an auto. Will be much better suited for track duty.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Man sorry for your loss big time. Number one thing is that you were hurt..good luck on the insurance. It's never easy.

SVTPete83

Established Member
That sucks man. I hope you get it all worked out. Sounds to me like you should just buy it back then get your new one and do a motor swap. Sell the brand new coyote motor and your old Trans and you're money ahead. Just gotta have a little space to do it all it.

Users who are viewing this thread