Torque booster on the way

GBCoyote

Established Member
Running E85 full time and I ordered the torque booster. I ran a C7 Zo6 the other night on E85 with the 3.8 pulley and got yanked by two cars....So yea. I know people are putting down great numbers with my exact same setup, what gives? What should I expect HP/TQ wise?

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
if you'd have a 3.6 on there, he would have been toast! Or...3.47. Torque booster with 10 psi will get her done.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
It would give him around 11.6 psi of boost. For me personally I think that should be the limit on stock bottom end.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Was it a stock z? Are you auto or manual? You probably should beat a stock z no problem even without the tq booster.

Texas01GT

Established Member
He said it was on e85. Probably had a few other bolt ons too. Haven't really seen anyone with "just" e85 one their car

Texas01GT

Established Member
Ooooooh, I think your right my bad, I'm a retard. That is strange though, my money would have been on the mustang all day. I'm running a 2200 with the stock 3.8 pulley, lone tubes, o/r x pipe, tuned by Lund and on 93 octane making 650rwhp/512tq. (That is best case scenario, weather was perfect). Do you have any info on the c7z? Or did it just appear stock?

Last edited:

Texas01GT

Established Member
just read the c7 z06 makes 650hp and 650 tq...there is your problem. Corvettes don't need to even be close on horsepower to beat us. I raced a c6 z06 with a small cam and long tubes, said he made around 550 to the tire and I was making a little over 600 at the time and he could have pulled me down the highway. Lighter more balanced cars I guess

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
just read the c7 z06 makes 650hp and 650 tq...there is your problem. Corvettes don't need to even be close on horsepower to beat us. I raced a c6 z06 with a small cam and long tubes, said he made around 550 to the tire and I was making a little over 600 at the time and he could have pulled me down the highway. Lighter more balanced cars I guess

This is your answer. General rule of thumb for vettes - you better have +100whp, so you would need to be putting down probably 700 to the wheels, maybe more if it had the 8 speed.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
C7zs seem to run high 10s around 126-129 average. You should be at or faster than that. Did you select shift your gear to start?

11redGT/CS

Established Member
Not try to hijack your tread but is the booster only recommended for e85 cars? Could I get away with adding it to a 91 oct car?

Untchbl

Established Member
Would you describe the method you are talking about? I've heard all sorts of information about how to use select shift.

Also, the torque booster will work with any fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread