Toronto Trip

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
I am leaving for Toronto in the morning. I was wondering anyone who has been there has some ideas on places to go? I will be there for 11 days.

Any advice would be awesome! :beer:

rust0r

Established Member
Not from Toronto but close enough that I've made some day trips, etc

Definitely check out the Harbor front, there is a few good lake front patios with great food, it's a beautiful day out!

The CN Tower is definitely something you'll want to want to do if you've never done it before as well, I would personally do it while it's still daylight out. No clue how much it costs these days, I think it's an expensive elevator ride, but it's the biggest 'tourist' thing to do while there.

If you like baseball there is also the Blue Jays who play regularly, I think they pretty much give tickets away these days practically. I don't follow baseball though so I'm not totally sure TBH.

There is the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) which you can definitely devote the better part of a day to that has some really interesting stuff, for adults and kids alike.

Toronto Island has some things to do as well, you can take the Ferry from the Harbor front over there and it is something nice for half a day for sure.

There is tons of shopping in Toronto (Eaton Centre) as well as the surrounding areas (Vaughn Mills, Square One, Yorkdale).

Nightlife is pretty substantial there as well, been years since I have been out down there however.

If you're staying in the downtown core you'll find it pretty easy to get around on foot, especially in weather like this.

If you're going with spouse/family to Toronto for 11 days, you will run out of things to do pretty quickly.

I'd start thinking about a day trip to Niagara Falls if you've never been. There is also Niagara On The Lake which is another great trip with tons of vineyards and small shops, great environment/getaway for a few hours.

If you're the type that likes to go for cruises through nice areas and are going to be coming down to Niagara, I'd jump on Lakeshore Road leaving Toronto and take it all the way to the end of Burlington, some INSANE houses and a general relaxing drive all around.

If there is anything specific you want to know more about post up and I'll try to answer. As I said I'm not from Toronto but will do my best to help out with the area. There's a ton of guys on here from Toronto I'm sure that can help with more in depth things.

Also there is the Greater Toronto Area Mustang Club forum that you could probably ask on there and the guys would be able to help out.

:beer:

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
Do you recommend that I have some cash on me? I am not really sure what to expect as I haven't ever been out of the country before.

rust0r

Established Member
Do you recommend that I have some cash on me? I am not really sure what to expect as I haven't ever been out of the country before.

You'll find literally everyplace takes interact (canadian, not sure how that works with your whole visa-debit scenario that your cards generally have), any place that takes debit also takes credit card as a last resort.

Ultimately the only time you would be hard pressed to need physical money would be if you're going to grab food from a food truck or something of that nature that just physically doesn't have the ability to do that. Other than that, you'll be fine with plastic worst case scenario, but obviously I would get some walking around money just in case you run into something that doesn't like your debit/credit card for whatever reason.

Also, call your bank/card issuing company and let them know you'll be going on vacation as often they can lock it down for theft/fraud prevention, you don't want to find out when you're trying to pay for a meal or do something, etc.

Coiled03

Established Member
I've heard Toronto has some pretty good gentlemen's establishments, if you know what I mean.

Not that I have any experience, or anything.......

Davemcc

Established Member
Queen St. West is a great party area. Look for events at The Horseshoe, The Rex and The Bovine Sex Club for some good local music. While on Queen St. West, visit The Burger's Priest for awesome burgers. You can order from their regular menu or from their secret menu. Ask for the Vatican City. Thank me later.

Brampton is a hole. You don't want to spend much time there. However, Legendary Motor Cars shop is not far from there in Milton or Halton if you want to see some rare classic cars. You may recognize Legendary from the TV show Dream Car Garage. Canada's Wonderland is not far away if you like amusement parks. Go to the top of the CN Tower. If you are out late at night and need to eat, hit up The Grill on The Queensway near Hwy 427.

Also, bring cash. Toronto has a weird thing where a lot of places do not take Interac/debit/credit but they have a third rate, off brand banking machine installed in their business that charges a service fee. I don't like using those types of teller machines so I always have cash on hand to avoid that hassle.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You'll find literally everyplace takes interact (canadian, not sure how that works with your whole visa-debit scenario that your cards generally have), any place that takes debit also takes credit card as a last resort.

Ultimately the only time you would be hard pressed to need physical money would be if you're going to grab food from a food truck or something of that nature that just physically doesn't have the ability to do that. Other than that, you'll be fine with plastic worst case scenario, but obviously I would get some walking around money just in case you run into something that doesn't like your debit/credit card for whatever reason.

Also, call your bank/card issuing company and let them know you'll be going on vacation as often they can lock it down for theft/fraud prevention, you don't want to find out when you're trying to pay for a meal or do something, etc.

That's very good advice. Financial fraud is on the increase and you have to constantly protect yourself. Especially when traveling to another country.

I would at least carry a small amount of cash just in case.

Boosted T-4

GTFD
Established Member
I brought a little cash with me but not much. I used my card last night and it seemed to work. I hope I don't run into any problems with it.

Users who are viewing this thread