Votes: 6 7.3%
  • sell fox, buy termi

Votes: 76 92.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I have a 91 Lx and a 03 cobra. I always wanted both. Now that I have both, I can't part with either of them. The 91 lx is going to be a full drag racing car, while the 03 Cobra is more a DD. Eventually the Cobra will become a street/strip car. But for now, the wife drives the Cobra every day. The LX is the project car as of now. So it will stay that way for a while. I say keep the 5.0 fox body and get the Terminator..
It's fun having both..

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
I have a 91 Lx and a 03 cobra. I always wanted both. Now that I have both, I can't part with either of them. The 91 lx is going to be a full drag racing car, while the 03 Cobra is more a DD. Eventually the Cobra will become a street/strip car. But for now, the wife drives the Cobra every day. The LX is the project car as of now. So it will stay that way for a while. I say keep the 5.0 fox body and get the Terminator..
It's fun having both..

Like Tazman and navymailman. Keep the LX, get a Terminator.

Canada buck is up (well a couple cents below par today) and for 20-25K you can buy one sweet Cobra. Once you drive one you'll see.

I got an 89 GT for my son and I to tinker with. While the 5 Litre is fun, for a nice road trip there is no comparison. The 89 drives like a 20 Y/O car, whereas the Terminator is unreal.

A couple summers ago we cruised from Vancouver Island to Edmonton, Calgary and into Washington state. Car ran hard across the Praries, carved corners in the Rockies and never got hot sitting in city traffic. Try that in a 5.0 L:rockon:

MustangThief

Established Member
what would u guys do??

and a few from a local shop here swear the cobra motor blows up often (yeah i laughed too) now against a stock 5.0 motor and terminator motor... which will take more, i know both motors are great, if nto equal... but really, is the terminator motor crap? (NEVER HAD ONE)

First, I already did what I'd do (sold my GT to buy a terminator). So that's my advice, because I LOVED my GT, I had it for 6 years, had all the bolt-ons (was a 99 Anni. edition) I had buyers guilt BAD after i traded her in for the cobra. NEVER LOOKED BACK.

And the reason local shop guys "swear" that cobras blow up... is because when termis first came out, and even now, jackasses go buy the smallest pulley they can, DON'T get the car tuned, and run it ragged till it pops then complain that their motor blew up with "only a pulley".

Also, as mentioned, tight PTW clearance accounts for a lot of blown engines on high-speed runs.

Mine hasn't been past 130ish, and that was to hit it and immediately back off.

Good luck in whatever you decide, oh, and sonic blue is the fastest color by far. So if you want a factory freak.... sonic blue.

Users who are viewing this thread