Tork Tech Guys - ANYBODY - Please Help

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
Got the pulley bridge on. Alternator mounted to bridge.

Now, I personally called TT and talked to Bill a couple weeks ago when waiting for my kit to ship. I had asked if I use my factory sized accessory belt or do I need a custom sized belt. He assured me that I use the factory belt.

So, I get it routed. First thing I notice is the tension pulley needed to be rotated about 3-4 inches to get belt to wrap around.

I have checked, double checked, and triple checked the routing per TT diagram. Checked that the belt is fully seated in the grooved pulleys. But tension pulley is rotated so far that the belt touches the base.

What do I do? Anybody else have this problem? Sure could use some assistance here.

My thought was to get a longer belt. Judging by the uploaded pics, how much longer do you think I should go? AM says factory circumference is 94 1/8". Was thinking 96ish?

Any help be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• rsz_20150916_205005.jpg
    rsz_20150916_205005.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 179
  • rsz_20150916_205019.jpg
    rsz_20150916_205019.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 162
  • rsz_1screenshot_2015-09-16-22-36-00.png
    rsz_1screenshot_2015-09-16-22-36-00.png
    68 KB · Views: 150

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
As per Tork Tech: "Note: A belt is NOT included as the belt length will vary depending upon what size pulleys you choose."

If I were you get a piece of nylon twin or something not stretchable and run it. Measure the string and subtract an inch or two for the tensioner movement. That's how I did it on my Cobra engine. Plus you can belts cheap on amazon, I like gates.

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
Thanks Black. This is the accessory belt that's rubbing. Not the blower. Bill from TT said I use the stock sized accessory belt. But, its not fitting.

I have a Gates Fleet Runner green belt for the blower.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Thanks Black. This is the accessory belt that's rubbing. Not the blower. Bill from TT said I use the stock sized accessory belt. But, its not fitting.

I have a Gates Fleet Runner green belt for the blower.

My fault, didn't think about the fact the TT statement was obviously in reference to the blower. Well, I tried lol, good luck.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
The GT belt is shorter than the 03 cobra belt, correct? I would have tried a stock 03 cobra belt.

SILVER_SVT_GT

Established Member
Got it worked out.

Went to O'Reilys Auto. He was able to search serpentine belts by outer circumference.

The stock GT was 93.985". I went with one that was 95.245". Worked great. A total difference of 1.26". Tensioner pulley is just a tad over half its travel.

Got the intake on, COPs installed, injectors and fuel rails in. Pulley bridge tight. Crank pulley on and ready.

Also, received my Drive Tune from Tim Barth today. Still a lot to do, but might be breathing some fire into her tomorrow night. Not gonna rush it, but, it may happen.

Thanks guys...

Users who are viewing this thread