Torch Red 04 TT Cobra. Any interests.

shhak

Established Member
Man, just keep it!!! You just bought it in October right? You've only had it in the crappy weather. Take it out and run the balls off of it. Then ask yourself if you really "HAVE" to sell it. If you really want to sell it, I'll go get you $22,500 cash tonight and be there in the morning...... Didn't think so!
For some reason, people are shying away from this car. I don't know why. If I didn't have mine, I'd have already bought it. Seriously though, PM me with a bottom dollar-no BS price. I can't swing it right now, especially since I've got it in my head that I've got to have a C5 Z06, but my brother can. He's wanting a TT car, but wasn't really planning to buy one until April or May, but shoot me a price and I'll see what he says.

DTSVT03

Why try?
Established Member
Looks like I may be working in Des Moines for a couple of weeks around the end of May/first of June. Keep the car, noone here appreciattes the great deal anyways

VetteC501

Established Member
Try posting up a few more pictures of the car. I know sharkster had a huge album of them on photobucket I believe. Also you may want to disclose the info about what it needs to be perfect again, because I'm pretty sure its hidden somewhere in the 15 pages. Beautiful car, wish I had the $$$.

shhak

Established Member
Also you may want to disclose the info about what it needs to be perfect again, because I'm pretty sure its hidden somewhere in the 15 pages.

I don't think it's what it needs to be perfect, I think it is more along the lines of what Sharkster would have liked for it to have done. There's not anything really wrong with the car. Sharkster isn't the type of person to have a car that needed work. IMO, no car is perfect. We can all go buy any car we'd like and we'll immediately find things we'd like to change.

Besides, you can't hardly buy a nice, clean, low mileage 04 for much under $29k, so someone should jump on this twin turbo car. If not, Erik will just have to keep it and drive it. What a shame that would be...:nonono:

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Aint that the truth. When you going to be around this area. I remember you telling me you would be in the area sometime this summer.

VetteC501

Established Member
No pictures on page 13. It's not really hard to borrow a camera and take some fresh pictures. I sold trillions of items on Ebay and the biggest request is pictures. Hell if you took some nice pictures and posted them up maybe I'd even buy it!

Originally Posted by 04cobradude
here is what jeff (the guy who owned it and built the car) emailed me when i asked him what he meant..

Bob,

Regarding the car. The $5-$7k was meant as supporting mods to hold that power.

Basically the car will need:

New caster camber plates. The UPR's on the car suck shit and are already showing rust. They cant be adjusted anymore. The car screams for MM CC Plates

New adjustable front struts.

The QA-1 Tubular A-Arms suck shit and need to be pulled out and replaced with Fox body A-Arms and the tie rod will need to be modified. The A-Arms that come with the K push the wheel base out an additional inch on each side and it throws the whole setup out of whack.

The coilovers need to be replaced as they are 175# rated when the car needs to have 225# rated springs. Its not needed but I was going to go with new ball joints as well. An alignment

The above needs to be done or the car bottoms out when you hit a bump or a large dip. I nailed the K frame on a bad dip once. I checked it and it was OK. A good hit and you could probably bust the motor mounts.

The solid rear end will need to be completely built up, trak-lok, bullet proofed and it will also need new strange (or better) axle shafts. I was going to go with adjustables shocks in the rear as well.

Needs a new heavy duty clutch to hold 800+hp

The entire exhaust will need to be custom done from the downpipes at the K-Member to the tips.

Figure $1k alone for that. That’s what Rays custom exhaust ran on his TT car. I was quoted about $1100 This is easier said than done as most places arent going to touch the car without cats on it. Some will and some wont.

...Anyways goodluck with the sale, as I said before it's a beautiful car and I believe well worth the money!

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I love these comments. I doesnt need that stuff. The coil overs are fine they need to be adjusted up higher which is giong to happen this weekend. I have never once bottomed this car out, just need to learn how to be careful when driving. It has the same k member and a arms in this car as many other turbo mustangs. The camber plates are fine and they are not showing rust. If you want to put a custom exhaust on go ahead but it doesnt need it. Shit if were are going to go that route it could use a built motor, nos, roll cage, new wheels, and a built rear end. There is new pics of the car on, if not on page 12, page 13. I dont know where he came up $5-7K because I just put a new clutch in the car over the winter with a billet flywheel. If you want a complete TT cobra go buy the couple that are on here for $45,000. If it was all up to all over again I would have never bought this car.

Last edited:

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
ttcobra001.jpg

ttcobra002.gif

ttcobra003.jpg

ttcobra004.jpg

ttcobra005.jpg

ttcobra006.jpg

ttcobra007.jpg

ttcobra008.jpg

ttcobra009.jpg

ttcobra010.jpg

ttcobra011.jpg

ttcobra012.jpg

ttcobra013.jpg

ttcobra014.jpg

thmb_Cobra010.jpg

101_0082.jpg
Here are the pictures.

VetteC501

Established Member
Looks fantastic! Where did the exhaust on the drivers side go? Also does it need struts and springs? I am very impressed with the pictures. Maybe...a big maybe we could work something out.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
I put a new clutch in this winter and got in a hurry and just havent put the driverside exhaust pipe on yet. By the way just ordered brand new front tires for as we speak and it getting an alignment tomorrow. I dont find anything wrong with the front springs but if you needed you could replace them. Ya I cant wait to put these new tires and get the alignment tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread