Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point, OMFG!

94SVT Coupe

Ford Fanatic
Established Member
Originally posted by bunk22
Now that looks like a wild ride even though I've gone 0-120 in half that time many a time :D

Launching from a carrier I guess? :coolman:
A real top fueler would accelerate three times as fast as that ride.
They said it uses 12,000 HP to launch the car each time.

The line for it actually moved pretty fast. We waited about 45 minutes each time. It breaks down a lot, but it ran for 4-5 hours straight in the afternoon.

If you watch the trailer on their site, they took off the back part with the wing and tires and put on another car. They have four trains going.

Two load at a time in the station, and they have two empties ready to pull into the station once they are out. The two full trains line up past the station, then one goes, then 30 sec later the other, as they are loading up two more behind them. So they move a lot more people than you'd think.

Getting to see the faces of the riders after the brake zone was great. In line, you stand within feet of where it brakes to a stop.

Poiznus

Super Cool SVT Poster
Established Member
I was going to try and make it up there this year just because of that ride. But, ended up not making it there. I will try again next year. It looks amazing!!!! :beer: :beer:

hj16

Established Member
Me and some friends made the trip out there just for that ride. Waited 3.5hrs for them to get it running in the morning, then30min. in line once it opened. It is truly a bad ass coaster. But I think it was 1-120 in 5sec.

The view from 420ft up is great :)

bunk22

Established Member
Originally posted by 94SVT Coupe
Launching from a carrier I guess? :coolman:
A real top fueler would accelerate three times as fast as that ride.
They said it uses 12,000 HP to launch the car each time.

Yep. The best I've hit off the pointy end in the thunder pig I fly was 0-150 KIAS off cat 4 on the Connie in about 2 sec. I would imagine a top fuel dragster would be the quicker than a cat shot.

02SVTF150

Wish I had my username
Established Member
i went on tuesday and it was closed until 7pm... and by the time I got over to it... the line was about a half a mile long. :(

park closes at 10 and i wouldn't have gotten a chance to ride it even if i had gotten in line.

:cryying:

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
i like it when it doesn't completely make it over the top and comes back down the wrong side or it gets stuck on the top.

MODCOBRA

Established Member
Why don't you guys/gals make a trip to Smackdown VII on Sept 26th for some test & tune, grudge racin at Norwalk Raceway Park then go to Cedar Point the next day? It is about 15-20 minutes up the road!!

Ben Dorn

DamageInc

Banned
The site say's they recommend riders over 6'2" not to ride the dragster, that leaves me out but has anyone seen really tall people ride it?

SohowcomeHottie

SVT Goddess
Established Member
Originally posted by DamageInc
The site say's they recommend riders over 6'2" not to ride the dragster, that leaves me out but has anyone seen really tall people ride it?

How tall are you geez lol.

hj16

Established Member
Originally posted by DamageInc
One of my friendswho rode it is 6'4" and he didnt have a problem with it.

Users who are viewing this thread