Top of Fender Scoops From a '69 on a 2011+

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
Has anyone thought about putting the top of the fender scoops from a 1969 Mustang Fastback on a 2011+? Has anybody seen it done.

I'm intrigued, and with the quarter panel shape changing in 2010 to more mirror the 1969 I wonder how it would fit.

Grant808

Established Member
I've thought about it too...but I think it's too smooth a curve to cut into like that.

If we had scoops like that, I'd want them to be functional for brake and diff cooling.

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
It looks ugly.
2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Tribute-Left-Side1-1024x640.jpg

RFM50

Established Member
Isn't that the new tribute gt500 to Carol Shelby? It's supposed to mimic his styling of his 69 Shelby gt500

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
That widebody could be worse. Shelby American did a good job making it subtle but noticeable at the same time. I think it could look great with a few more tweaks, but I would still drive that car. Traction with those 345s would be no problem at all in a GT500. :burnout:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Why the hate for wide bodies? Some look decent, and gets in the wider meats if its flush with the body and tight in the wheel well. Better than the current mustangs with skinny tires and 4 inch gap between tire and fender.

Grant808

Established Member
Why the hate for wide bodies? Some look decent, and gets in the wider meats if its flush with the body and tight in the wheel well. Better than the current mustangs with skinny tires and 4 inch gap between tire and fender.

Widebody is one thing...that tribute car just has a FAT ASS! And an F'd up attempt at the quarter panel scoop.

Love the color too. Reminds me of the H&R SEMA car with the white strobe stripe.

squeak93

Established Member
+1 on loving the color. I have mixed feelings on the wide body but i do love the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread