Top Gear USA

m0ore4ustin391

Established Member
Screw this shitty show, if your going to watch an "american top gear show" watch the The Car Show with Adam Carolla

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I wonder when people will realize its not like top gear UK because its not hosted by the top gear UK people. The only thing it shares with top gear UK is the name and the number of hosts. Its a great show and I enjoy watching it.

smitty2919

Established Member
I wonder when people will realize its not like top gear UK because its not hosted by the top gear UK people. The only thing it shares with top gear UK is the name and the number of hosts. Its a great show and I enjoy watching it.

I think they tried to copy TGUK too closely. That's my problem with it. If it had more aspects that were different then I may enjoy it more.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not bad, but I just can't get into this one or The Car Show. There something about the show formats (added comedy, inclusion of the audience at times, and reality show feel) that I just can't get into. Maybe occasionally if there is something specific of interest, but not regularly.

Detroit

Established Member
I watch every show and enjoy it. So you might not like it as much as the UK verison, but it is still worth watching if you like cars. Some of you guys just like to bitch about things just to bitch...

greenflash00

Established Member
I find this show very entertaining...but the tests they do to "prove" which truck is the toughest or whatever are just retarded. Fun to watch, but they don't prove anything lol Far to many variables. Of course I suppose TGUK is the same in that regard. But man I sure do love to watch :)

Special Ed

boom goes the dynomite...
Established Member
top gear us SUCKS.... Top Gear uk is WAY BETTER... better hosts... better cars... more interesting and humorous also

smitty2919

Established Member
I watch every show and enjoy it. So you might not like it as much as the UK verison, but it is still worth watching if you like cars. Some of you guys just like to bitch about things just to bitch...

Nope...I bitch about things I don't like. TGUS sucks. I like cars but that show is not worth watching.

KC/COBRA

Fear The Cornholio
Established Member
top gear us SUCKS.... Top Gear uk is WAY BETTER... better hosts... better cars... more interesting and humorous also

I agree with everybody about Top Gear US not being as good as the UK version.

Just remember that the UK one has been on for a long time and the US version

is only in it's 2nd season and it seems better that the 1st season so far imo.

We really didn't have any car show like it before (big budget/great editing etc)

until it came along so you better support it before it's gone forever.fwiw

Gixx1300R

Established Member
I agree. I cannot watch The Car Show or Top Gear U.S. For me they are so badly scripted and they try too hard. I cant stand Adam Carolla with his sarcazsm and lisp. I watch an Interview about Top Gear U.K on 60 mintues last week, Lots of good behind the scenes info.

Alscobra

Established Member
I like the car show. Corolla is terrible which makes him so entertaining. The US top gear guys are failing big time.

TRXboy

Established Member
I agree. I cannot watch The Car Show or Top Gear U.S. For me they are so badly scripted and they try too hard. I cant stand Adam Carolla with his sarcazsm and lisp. I watch an Interview about Top Gear U.K on 60 mintues last week, Lots of good behind the scenes info.

Link to interview?

Gixx1300R

Established Member
Here

[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6987703n"]Top Gear's Wild Ride - 60 Minutes - CBS News[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread