E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
1) VMP TVS swap
2) E85
3) E85
4) E85
5) MalcolmV8 tune

There you go...fixed the typos!

Lol. No typos. I'm sure Malcolm tunes just fine....but 04sleeper is the original ethanol tuner on this forum. He took the leap in 2009 when everyone said E85 was going to "eat" the motor and fuel system from the inside out lol.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I seen zero difference in iat2 temps going from high boost intake back to a RAI.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Way too much headache maintenance with fender cai, not to mention water injestion concerns. And for negligible intake temp differences. I monitor IAT1 and IAT2 all the time....and in 115 heat index weather, and have never seen either anywhere near KBs claim of 200 degrees. Plus, I think the RAI looks better underhood than a cai with that tube going thru the fender. Not aesthetically pleasing IMO

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Way too much headache maintenance with fender cai, not to mention water injestion concerns. And for negligible intake temp differences. I monitor IAT1 and IAT2 all the time....and in 115 heat index weather, and have never seen either anywhere near KBs claim of 200 degrees. Plus, I think the RAI looks better underhood than a cai with that tube going thru the fender. Not aesthetically pleasing IMO

I had a fender cold air.
Took maybe 5 minutes to get it out. What’s five minutes when cleaning it properly takes a freaking day anyway.
Never had water issues and I drove in winter with that car as well. It’s actually pretty protected far as I could tell. Besides they have water proof socks you can run as well.
Made washing engine bay easier. No filter to worry about getting wet.

But admittedly I like an exposed element better looks wise.

Sent from cold area north of mericasvtperformance.com mobile app

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
When I was looking for intakes I came across this from kenne bell, just to keep in mind View attachment 1465834

That's interesting. I've always wondered if my RAI is doing anything for me. Having a larger intake right next to the heaton (regardless of the isolation box) seems almost pointless. I feel like i'm simply allowing for a better flow of hot air, yet I have more surface area with the larger tube and filter to create heat soak..

Last edited:

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Full length sub frames with matrix brace and jacking rails
Coilovers on all four corners with caster camber plates
MGW short throw shifter with bobs shifter gasket
4.10 gears
Cold air intake and tune

The gears are a matter of personal choice. Frankly I love my 4.10s. And all of my stuff is Maximum Motorsports except for the matrix brace and jacking rails those are custom made

So many people are all about adding power before they can put it to the ground in a meaningful way. Since you do not plan on racing it there is really no need for pulleys and such IMHO. I have kept mine to the basics since it is a blast to drive and impressing others is not on my play list.

Definitely agree on the FLSFC's with bracing, especially for a vert. I've had the Stiffler Fit System on for a couple months now and it's been a world of difference. I've never had confidence pushing it in corners till now.

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
That's interesting. I've always wondered if my RAI is doing anything for me. Having a larger intake right next to the heaton (regardless of the isolation box) seems almost pointless. I feel like i'm simply allowing for a better flow of hot air, which probably negates any gains from the increased airflow itself.

Guess I should have read further down this thread before responding. Sounds like they tried to embellish their numbers..

Osiris

Established Member
Just got the car on ramps and took this pic...looks like the car already has SFCs and maybe an aftermarket K member?

Perhaps thats what the dealer meant by some suspension pieces were left in place...

e14e355ca2e3d4ee2c1a3a7542a83c27.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
fnjvpfsTv0vv-nBHqlpCcHbv7fILRdBBirt_wkNbY0zYzSXWrYCW4MPR_9KZk0r5ilYc4tFh7zGPphLo2tb=w674-h898-no.jpg

Here is an image from back in 2011 - when I had my full length sub frame connector install. I hope the picture works...

3xBlackCobra

Established Member
Good to know....parson my lack of knowledge with this platform

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure when I first looked under my car either. They are seriously crap though, especially since they're just bolted on at a couple of points.

Any upgrade in SFC's will do wonders, but I'd go gor a kit with bracing if you have the $$. Some say the lateral bracing isn't necessary, but I felt better knowing I put the best possible structural bracing on my car, and I haven't regret it one bit...

Users who are viewing this thread