Tools needed to drop pumpkin

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
I have to pull the pumpkin on the cobra. What speciality tools are needed to drop it out? Also if anyone with experience wants to help I would greatly appreciate it. I know Im kinda far and will be willing to cover expenses to get to and from me in jersey.

TRBO VNM

relatively easy. you will need a 36mm socket. it removes the nut for the half shafts off the spindle. other than that, typlical hand tools. oh yeah, you need your lock key for your lugs. :thumbsup:

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
Ill help you if you get burgers and steak to eat :) I get hungry when i work on cars. I never dropped a diff. but i can learn :)

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
ReVviNg HiGh said:
Ill help you if you get burgers and steak to eat :) I get hungry when i work on cars. I never dropped a diff. but i can learn :)

Feeding you would cost more than putting a solid in :poke: Stop at McDonalds on your way to my house

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
relatively easy. you will need a 36mm socket. it removes the nut for the half shafts off the spindle. other than that, typlical hand tools. oh yeah, you need your lock key for your lugs. :thumbsup:

Thanks J :thumbsup:

TRBO VNM

01satinsilver said:
Thanks J :thumbsup:

would love to come help. it only takes about an hour to do the job at the most. but I have some other cars I am working on and need to get one of them driveable or off the jack stands at least.

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
would love to come help. it only takes about an hour to do the job at the most. but I have some other cars I am working on and need to get one of them driveable or off the jack stands at least.

Well let me know when your available. I just picked up my DD 07 Focus SE so the cobra can sit under a blanket for a while.

TRBO VNM

why are you pulling the diff?

honestly, based on what is going on and some other things, I am not able to do anything till mid october based on going all the way up there. if you are just resealing it, bring it down here and we can do it on the 23rd after the MACA/EFA shootout.

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
why are you pulling the diff?

honestly, based on what is going on and some other things, I am not able to do anything till mid october based on going all the way up there. if you are just resealing it, bring it down here and we can do it on the 23rd after the MACA/EFA shootout.

The pumpkin has to be opened to find out if a spider gear or the ring is chipped. So it needs a rebuild. One trip down to MD and back was nerve racking enough. Last time I blew the teeth off the ring and destroyed the cover. I dont need to replace a $200 cover again. Unless I can get Wiseguy or someone else to meet us too and rebuild the pumpkin while Im there.

Tom, Tom, Tom..........what to-do:dw:......... everytime Bruzz or I see that "732" area-code come-up, we know its T R O U B L E :uh oh:

just jk'ng Bro':) sorry to hear of your issues;-)

Last edited:

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
RandyStinchcomb said:
Tom, Tom, Tom..........what to-do:dw:......... everytime Bruzz or I see that "732" area-code come-up, we know its T R O U B L E :uh oh:

just jk'ng Bro':) sorry to hear of your issues;-)

Im trying to single handedly solve all the financial problems of Ford by constantly breaking things.:kaboom:

Last edited:

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
RandyStinchcomb said:
and your doing a great job of it Tom:-D FoMoCo. Liberty Ford(old universal ford) and I ALL Love You Man:coolman:

Thanks Randy:-D Oh that reminds me I need your social security # I writing you off on my taxes as a dependent.:thumbsup:

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
whenever your ready tom i can help you out i learned a lot about the irs when we had to replace my axle shaft seal. and wow your focus is mean chirping the tires into second haha im just kidding ur the man tom

Users who are viewing this thread