Took the Vipers big borther for a cruise today...

NITMARE

Established Member
Took the Vipers big brother for a cruise today...

Well....smaller brother technically.

My bro in law has a Factory 5 AC Cobra that I built the motor for a couple years ago that needed some attention. So I picked it up yesterday and got her fixed back up and had yet to return it....and decided since it hasn't been driven in OVER a year to stretch it's legs

So No, it's not a real Shelby, and no it's not a 427 side oiler, and no it's not worth $750,000....but there is no better bang for the buck car to hop in and go for a cruise that will turn heads every where you go, handle like a go kart, and flat out go like hell. It's a 375 rwhp 2,000 pound bottle rocket without the stick and it's a blast. Plus it's well done with exceptional paint and legit Halibrand spinner knock off wheels. I told my girl to call into to work and we put a couple hours worth of country road miles on it. I gave the car a good once over this morning and ran it through it's paces. It may just be a simple windsor but it makes some beautiful sounds decelerating from 6k in 3rd gear through the side pipes :cool:....and it would definitely need a more legit tire if it were my car. I had 'em howling pretty good a couple times.

Snapped some pics

1002384b.jpg

1002385c.jpg

1002388n.jpg

1002392x.jpg

YES PLEASE

1002380.jpg

1002382gic.jpg

Last edited:

NITMARE

Established Member
I personally think these cars gotta have pushrod motors...I know that they are all just kit cars but I need some cam lope and the sound of a pushrod motor just makes more sense to me then super smooth idle and blower noise in these cars.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
I personally think these cars gotta have pushrod motors...I know that they are all just kit cars but I need some cam lope and the sound of a pushrod motor just makes more sense to me then super smooth idle and blower noise in these cars.

I agree. Sweet AC.

NITMARE

Established Member
Has anyone put a V10 in one of those guys yet?

Yep, a few years back a shop out of Ohio used to sell them with Viper motors called "Twin Venom". They didn't really catch on I think mostly due to their 100k + sticker and they sounded horrendous through such short side pipes.

CobraCarrera

Established Member
There were a couple of these out in my neighborhood (Kennesaw, Georgia) this past weekend....I have never seen so many before in one day...Must have been a local meet or something..

Users who are viewing this thread