Took the Flex to the track - 12.4@109 on motor

jordan0806

E85 and Psi
Established Member
by on motor you mean..upgraded turbos and e85 + tune and such...

technically..that's not on motor..

take the turbos off...and that is on motor...

with that being said...that is one fast SUV

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely a nice run for a 4637 lb. SUV. With or without nitrous.

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
I didn't have any torque steer that night, I have yet to try this combo on street tires. We had just put it together with the new coilovers, automatic fuel system activation (WOT switch) and slicks on 17" wheels.
I call it "on motor" because my community doesn't think the nitrous is "fair".
:)
I am getting it back this week and on street tires and I'll get it aligned with the new coilover height and see how it goes. I plan on aligning it for "launch" settings, we'll see how much the front end rises and rear dips and then align it for the tires to be flat to the road at those ride heights.
Thanks for the compliments, hoping for some 11's very soon.

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
OK, someone do the math; 4600 car runs 12.4 @109mph...... what is that 3.5L V6 making for power? (time for some forged rods and pistons?)

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
Here's picture of the car on H&R springs, I have Megan coilovers installed now but the most recent picture of the car sitting on Megans is with the 17" wheels on the trailer.
:)

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6342.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

IMG_6340.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6347.jpg

Last edited:

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
OK, someone do the math; 4600 car runs 12.4 @109mph...... what is that 3.5L V6 making for power? (time for some forged rods and pistons?)
If you do the calculation it shows 600+ HP, I'm taking the car to the dyno this week to see where the car is now.
People are worried about that for sure, I can pick up a used motor for $2K easily enough. I shipped CP Carrillo some stock rods and pistons and they are ready to go when I am to make a new set. If I pop this motor I'll pick up a second one and start building on it, complete forged assembly along with port and polish the heads.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Impressive! Must be a fun street car as well

can you not make enough boost off the line to get the truck to 60'? Seems like it would be a 11s run if you could get it to 60' well

as a owner of a 09, this really makes me wish I had waited for a '10 and the Eco-Boost motor!

Last edited:

4DRHTRD

Ecoboosted!!!!
Established Member
can you not make enough boost off the line to get the truck to 60'? Seems like it would be a 11s run if you could get it to 60' well
No, I couldn't because it overwhelmed the brakes, twice the car slipped on the line. I have a stall converter on the way that should help now that I can get traction. :)

Users who are viewing this thread