Took the 2014 to the track today :)

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Well it was our local tracks last day open for the year, and I was really curious what the GT500 would do in stock form, now that I have a couple hundred miles on it. So my good buddy BiminiLX and I headed up around 8am this morning. I started off a little sketchy, this is a difficult car to launch! I ended up bogging the car so hard that it stalled the first pass, the second pass I left with a little more RPM and spun horribly, and ended up with a 12.2 @ 118.x, I was kind of concerned with the low mph, so I spoke with J (BiminiLX) a little on shift points and he advised me that I was shifting the car at way too low of an RPM, so for the third pass I launched with a little less RPM, and went a 2.0 sixty foot but shifted the car a little higher (around 6800 I'd say) and netted myself a 11.69 @ 125.61. I decided to drop tire PSI a little, so we dropped the Nittos down to 15 psi, and I gave it one last attempt, and banged out an 11.49 @ 125.26 with a 1.8 sixty foot. Needless to say I am MORE than happy with the performance of this car bone stock. I cannot wait to start throwing some parts at it this winter and get back to the track in the spring!

2ndpass.jpg

cooldown.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Very impressive, I'm still so impressed at how well these cars trap, 125 is moving

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Are those 18s up front? :poke:
Great pass, will be cool when we have the cars together at the track next year.
I know you can drive so your 118mph trap had me scratching my head until we talked shift points, it's always good to have experienced friends at the track when you're shaking things down.
Evan Smith told me 3-4 tenths from a gear swap and a tune helps too (hard to tell on my car as it just made the stock tires spin more), so it makes sense between your 11.49 and my 11.03.
I thought my AMG would do better than a 12.8@112 but those passes all had issues, I'll stick to using the Mustangs at the strip :burnout:
Well, both our baselines our done, looking forward to next season after some mods.
Congrats again bro :rockon:
-J
:beer:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very impressive, I'm still so impressed at how well these cars trap, 125 is moving

Yep Lance proved to me these cars require 6700+rpm shift points and good shifting to be 125+ , if it's lower, drive harder :burnout:
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
And are you going to do a Dyno baseline?
Did you remove the clutch spring?
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
And are you going to do a Dyno baseline?
Did you remove the clutch spring?
-J
Im going to dyno the car at the end of this month and yes the day after I bought the car I pulled that stupid ass clutch spring out.

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
Who would have ever thought this would be possible from a turnkey mustang? I remember watching my brother in his '89 notch feeling like rock stars breaking 15 seconds.

BITDIFFERENTSVT

Established Member
Great job.
All nannies off?
Slip or drop the clutch?

I coudnt get better than a 2.1 60' time... With 335 MPSS's and rear suspension mods....

But after reading your post, I was shifting at ~6400 due to when it makes peak power.... (I was chirping tires on every shift though)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nitto NT05R 315/35/20
I would have to look at the DA, we don't get the mine shaft air the East Coast guys get, but it was cold outside.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Great job.
All nannies off?
Slip or drop the clutch?

I coudnt get better than a 2.1 60' time... With 335 MPSS's and rear suspension mods....

But after reading your post, I was shifting at ~6400 due to when it makes peak power.... (I was chirping tires on every shift though)

All off nannies.
I raced my DD AMG for the first time with MPSS and was NOT impressed, but I also wasn't doing a burnout either. I can tell you I absolutely love the MPSS, but nothing hooks like a DR.
You want to shift just above peak power, look at HP dyno graphs, you want most are under the curve, in this case 67-6800 is my recommendation although 3-4 shift is probably better 6400 as less shift drop back on 3-4.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread