Took our quads to Hatfield McCoy last week.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
The camera was handle bar mounted on my quad, so it's a little on the shaky side, but it's still watchable. My fiance was in front of me on her 400ex and my friend was in front of her on his 450X.
It was a great time and the Ashland Resort we stayed at seemed nicer than any of the others we saw in our area. With all the rocks, I was very glad I was on my 700xx with an IRS! haha
We rode 162 miles from Friday afternoon to sunday afternoon. I felt like I got hit by a bus on the ride home. But it was worth every second. The trails just keep going and going, and we only rode 2 of the 5 systems.
I highly recommend going if you have never been and you own a quad, dirtbike, or side by side.

WV ATV trip 2.wmv - YouTube

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
looks like fun but definitely looks id rather be on utility than a sport quad around there

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
162 miles, holy hell! I can only imagine how sore you are. Hell, a 20 mile ride around here is pretty long. How many hours do you think you spent on the bike this weekend? I imagine close to 30, if not more.

Stevo151

Established Member
That is so awesome! Makes me wanna get a atv or go ride my brothers lol. I needa find some good trails out here

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
looks like fun but definitely looks id rather be on utility than a sport quad around there
Ya, if you,re gonna be on a solid axle bike, you better be ready to use your legs a lot!
162 miles, holy hell! I can only imagine how sore you are. Hell, a 20 mile ride around here is pretty long. How many hours do you think you spent on the bike this weekend? I imagine close to 30, if not more.
We rode from 3pm to 8pm Friday, 11am to 8 pm on Saturday and 10am to 3pm Sunday, so just under 20 hours. and only about 10 miles of it was on roads going into town for gas and such. It was work, but man was it fun. I was really impressed with my woman, she loved every second of it and had just as much fun as I did.

wow sounds like a great time. nice little video
Thanks
That is so awesome! Makes me wanna get a atv or go ride my brothers lol. I needa find some good trails out here
We just got all of our atv's last september and i think there has only been one weekend we havent ridden since then. our whole family has been having a blast on them. my 9 year ild son has his first race this weekend, and my 5 year old daughter just started riding her own quad last month, and has been attacking every mud puddle she has seen ever since! haha

I've been having so much fun with the atv's that Im probably gonna sell the Cobra so I can afford a good tow vehicle and one of the big boy 4x4 quads.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Did you get into Mingo County? The Gilbert WV area is where the Atv magazines all go to. During the yearly trailfest they have 2,500 + riders.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
looks like fun but man Id rather be on a nice utility than my sport quad for all that
Haha, I know what you mean. I almost feel bad watching the 400ex in front of me while I'm on my 700xx with the irs.
Did you get into Mingo County? The Gilbert WV area is where the Atv magazines all go to. During the yearly trailfest they have 2,500 + riders.
I don't think so. The Ashland Pineville area is where we ride mostly. I really don't want to be around a lot of riders, and we don't really go into town unless we have to get gas. I think Gilbert is at least another hour away from us.

Snaketamer

CAM-tastic
Established Member
Great vids...thanks for sharing.

Would love to do a road trip down the the H&M with my Rzr S, someday. Although, still lots of places up here in Ontario I haven't ridden yet...

My toy....

6939352248_942bfd4715.jpg

laruei

Established Member
+1 on the image stabilization comment. Very interested in software used.

Also billy talent! Nice :D

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

My friends and I created quite a few of those trails when I was in high school, way before it was an established system.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Awesome vid! Looks like the image stabilization was done afterwards?...

+1 on the image stabilization comment. Very interested in software used.

Also billy talent! Nice :D
Ya, after the upload completes, youtube asks if you want to stabalize it. I said yes. It, s a little odd to see the border moving around like that, but if you focus on the video it makes it much easier to watch than the original withoit feeling nausias(sp). haha
My friends and I created quite a few of those trails when I was in high school, way before it was an established system.
Awesome. Where I grew up in NW PA it was pretty unpopulated and you could pretty much ride wherever you wanted. Now that I live in eastern VA, thats not the case. Finding a good place to ride is the hardest part of owning quads. Riding in WV reminds me of home just being able to ride seemingly anywhere you want, even in town without anyone getting mad. Those trails must have been interesting to make the first time through them.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Some of them were down right stupid. I remember starting up a valley fill once with no idea how steep it was at the top. The further I climbed the worse it got, but there was no possible way to turn around. So I climbed it out, but never did it again.

Users who are viewing this thread