took off my accufab tb today...

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
How the hell did I ever drive this care with this pos oem tb. The difference in throttle response is night and day.

I brought my car in for some warranty work so I decided to take a few things off so they don't have anything to cry about.

On another note, since removing the tb and C&L maf+filter my car has been idling really low and stalled a few times. I set the tps voltage to .997v (the same voltage set prior to removal). I figured the computer is wacky because of the lack of air. I'll deal with it when it gets home again.

Killer Cobra

Established Member
I love the Billetflow and how it responds. It's just amazing how sensitive the throttle is with the big single blade! It was worth every penny.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
so you are getting warranty work? what for? do you have the pulley on the car, if so how is that going to effect things? wondering for future experience.

BAD03SVT

Established Member
oh yeah and do accufabs only come with the elbow piece? or can you get just the throttle body?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
They called me and told me they are replacing..

clutch
driver's side head
rack bushings
front rotors

They are also throwing in my midlength headers for 300.

No chip no pulley.

I believe you can get just the tb.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by snakeluvr
oh yeah and do accufabs only come with the elbow piece? or can you get just the throttle body?
You should be able to get the TB only but if you put it on a stock inlet I would think it would cause a lot of turbulence. If you plan on getting one for the eaton I would recommend you get the inlet as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
You should be able to get the TB only but if you put it on a stock inlet I would think it would cause a lot of turbulence. If you plan on getting one for the eaton I would recommend you get the inlet as well.
I believe you can only get the TB/Plenum from Accufab. I don't see a TB-only listed.

Users who are viewing this thread