Took my viper to the dyno today for a baseline

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I met you yesterday at Tick. Nice talking to you and sick car also. Made some killer numbers. I was having a hard time going back into the office to work while y'all were outside enjoying the nice weather . lol

nanastymach1

Established Member
Badass man, I met you at Mustang Week last year at night off north ocean and I wanted a viper like that so bad until you let me sit In yours and I couldn't fit haha, too damn tall...nonetheless still a favorite and badass.

Lol what's up man I remember you guys rolling deep on those scooters lol...they make a seat lowering kit lol join the wagon with me I'll be at mw again this year hope to see you guys again

nanastymach1

Established Member
Very nice, how's the traction factor?

Believe it or not this car hooks better than any car I've ever driven or even just in general...it dead hooks every gear with this tire setup and I think what helps is it doesn't see but about 6 psi in 1st then full boost in every other gear and it doesn't spin at all!

nanastymach1

Established Member
Boosted vipers are so badass. Got any pics of the car?

Thanks for all the compliments guys I'll get some pics up asap and gldtsi or who ever you are that was the biggest joke of a thread ever the guy with the 40 positive rating gets hounded by a new guy who didn't even have anything to do with the transaction...matter of fact this is a waist of time everyone on here knows me and if u don't oh well

Pics coming soon

Last edited:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Wow, I didn't know the stock bottom ends on those cars could handle that much power. Very impressive. Makes me want one even more now, lol.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Lol what's up man I remember you guys rolling deep on those scooters lol...they make a seat lowering kit lol join the wagon with me I'll be at mw again this year hope to see you guys again

Hahaha hell ya, you gotta rent one with us, they are a blast but we will definitely see you again this year man. Good to know about the seat lowering kit hah. :beer:

polk5295

Established Member
Great numbers, I would be happy with that on pump gas. 1000whp is getting pretty close to where I would be comfortable pushing a stock shortblock. Make sure youve got a hard rev limiter set too, they have a tendancy to spin the #3 rod bearing if over revved. The 1996-1999 Viper motor are probably the stoutest motor you can buy in stock form. We have a nitrous car with roughly 200 9 second passes on it, no problems.

That being said, we have also found the limitations of some of the stock parts; we pushed our stock crank/block Viper to a [email protected] after which hairline cracks were seen on the crank. Although I am still flabbergasted with how far these motors can be pushed.

Again, great numbers and keep us posted.....

nanastymach1

Established Member
Thanks again guys and what's up man how's ur car running...one day I'll have a black 03 again..I just upgraded the trans to a tr6060 with a twin disc setup a few weeks ago after the stock one started whining

polk5295

Established Member
What about the trans? I know a local guy that has a 1000+ hp viper that's had a plethora of trans issues.

Now if I didnt see this with my own eyes I would believe it. We used to get about 100 passes on each stock T56 trans before they would let loose. Thats on spray cars making about 770whp 900tq. We even did it with the stock $219 clutch, only thing changed in the driveline were the half shafts. I know it sounds like a fairly tale but I did it with my own cars and saw it on several buddies cars!

On a side not, the new transmissions dont seem to be as strong or last like the old ones did.

Andy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread