Took a pretty cool video with the GoPro

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I went out on an empty backroad to bed in the Performance Friction 01 compound race pads onto the Performance Friction 2 piece rotors. Decided to hook up the GoPro to see how good I was heating up the rotors and pads... I'd say I got them up to temp!!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_zQEj1eQKk"]YouTube - CTS-V Brake Bedding - PFC 01 Pads on PFC 2 piece rotors[/nomedia]

Heres a video of me running that PFC equipment at Daytona with SCCA during their PDX event:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujfeCmsPmcI&NR=1"]YouTube - CTS-V at Daytona SCCA PDX[/nomedia]

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
GetBlown2k3,

Thanks for posting that. I always wondered how it looked while doing this. Just a few nights ago I had to season the rotors & bed the pads on my 2002 M5. StopTech said to do 10 consecutive 60-15mph stops (with moderate - about 80% braking pressure) & then 10 more after the cool down. I'm super glad you posted this & it give me a good idea of how that rotor stores all that thermal energy.

It also "beded" in the fact that I must get a Go-Pro camera someday soon... ! LOL ;-)

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Are these the brakes we all helped you Facebook win?

Pretty cool video! :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First congratulations on winning the brakes! And thanks especially for the second vid. I really enjoyed the ride. Did it start to rain towards the end?

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
First congratulations on winning the brakes! And thanks especially for the second vid. I really enjoyed the ride. Did it start to rain towards the end?

Im glad you liked it!

Nope, lol, just me being stupid and hitting the wiper switch! you can see me shaking my head going into the turn. I always tell people I'm just cleaning my windshield mid-session... lol

Users who are viewing this thread