Too Much Alcohol?

Marc

Established Member
I knew some folks that were alcoholics. And they were bad. And one thing that was told to them to try and help they curve their addiction was: "If you are scheduling days and times of when to drink...it could be a problem".

Your case, doubt it, but who am I to judge.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If you end up home in the evening, and find that you have no wine, beer or scotch, does everything come to a halt as you go to the store to get more? Do you yell at your wife for it being her fault that you're out of everything? If not, if you can go a few days without missing it, if you don't take it out on everyone else around you when you don't have anything to drink, you're probably ok. It is a lot, but I know people who drink a lot more and they aren't alcoholics.

That being said, you do have a problem, and it is a serious one: you're mixing the grape and the grain. You never mix the grape and the grain. If you start with wine, you don't switch to beer and scotch. And vice-versa. They've written songs about how bad stuff can get when you mix the grape and the grain.

And _never_ mix up some Jitter Sauce. "Whiskey and wine, and gin to thin."

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If you are counting it means you think you have a problem, that says enough.

jblood37

Established Member
Everybody will tell you something different I'm sure. I think if you're drinking every night then you have a problem, but who am I to judge? I have plenty of friends who drink a six pack or more a night and seem to function just fine.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Everybody will tell you something different I'm sure. I think if you're drinking every night then you have a problem, but who am I to judge? I have plenty of friends who drink a six pack or more a night and seem to function just fine.

Just because they function Ok doesn't mean it's not a problem.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
i know every beer/wine/liquor store clerk in a 20 mile radius by first name. you will be ok.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Don't ask people online. Ask family/friends/a counselor. If you think it may be a problem and you are subconsciously feeling guilty about it, it probably is. If you need the scotch to sleep, try a few days without it (and without substituting for pills, etc.).

The quantity or frequency is irrelevant. I've known people that took two glasses of wine a night and were alcoholics and people that could put away damn near a bottle of liquor and weren't - the way we all metabolize it is very different.

95PGTTech

Established Member
home for dinner every night at 6pm when he is working all this overtime at his job that he makes 1400 a week.

The troll is strong with this clown.

You live at his house? My dad starts his day at 2AM every morning and is home for dinner with his family. Averages a 70hr week and has weekends off.

4a7191a

Established Member
I'm a 3 beer a day minimum kinda guy :). Yesterday I bbq'd and had like 10 beers. Also I made some apple pie ala mode moonshine stuff and was hitting on that as well :). yummy :)

Users who are viewing this thread