TOB update - Found problem, Ford's screwing me! Please read.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
It might be time to file a class action suit with regards to the TOB issue and other problems with these Cobras that aren't being fixed under warranty. The word "assembly" is being stretched to the legal limits by manufacturers. I doubt any judge will agree that a transmission is a 'maintenance' item.

Ford needs to recall this part and have it replaced on all Cobras. Parts that wear out before even 10K would most likely be classified as a defective or maintenance part. They have to make a decision and make it known to the owners. Is it time for a poll on this forum to indicate the interest in going legal with Ford?

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
Got an email basically saying...

You can get parts for the Tremec "aftermarket" T-56 for Ford
Mustangs (other than the '03 cobra).

And the sleeve for that one *should* be the same as the '03's; however, it'll just break again.

You can get the stronger D&D Viper version but you have to do a little modifying to make it work.

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Since the bearing retainer is a press in design it should be really simple for any competent machinist to machine one from a good grade of steel. Shouldn't cost more than about $100 or at the most $200 even if the shop has outrageous charges. Just need to pull or press a stock one out of the housing.

If the actual retainer nose itself is breaking it must be a cast iron material and not steel.

Also it looks like there should be interest from one of the specialty transmission shops like GForce or Liberty to make a good quality replacement if we did a group thing with them.

Perhaps Doug would be interested???? Does anyone know him personally?

Gord

BlownShift

Rex Kramer -Danger Seeker
Established Member
Doug is loaded down with projects for the next couple weeks.
I've never known him not to be busy but maybe he can be persuaded when he gets a little time?

Users who are viewing this thread