TOB? squeeling w vid

antiv6

Established Member
Ok so basically my tob has been making noises for at least 5k miles maybe even more. Every once and a while while driving the car would squeal/screech and i would push the clutch in then let it back out then it would go away. Usually when this happened when i pushed the clutch in it felt extra light and not "normal" and smooth feeling. The clutch would still hold and not slip just every once and a while this would happen and the pedal vibrates sometimes. Well yesterday I was driving and the squealing/screeching noise started while cruising at about 40mph and i quickly pulled in somewhere and had it towed. It smelled like clutch as well. What do you guys think the issue is, you can very clearly hear it in the video, do you think its just clutch related or more?

tow 1 - YouTube
2 - YouTube

antiv6

Established Member
although no one replied, ill let yall know whats wrong. The clutch tob and pressure plate are done and part of the tranny is cracked. Ive purchased a ram powergrip hd clutch so far for it

antiv6

Established Member
i knew it was basically the clutch but the noise was so intense compared to what ive heard before w cars so i assumed something else was bad

Users who are viewing this thread