TOB Dealer

slewis

SML COBRA
Established Member
My TOB is squeaking so I brought it to the dealer. He told me it is common for the squeaking. Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unfortunately it is common. However, there is also a TSB (Service Bulletin Number: 04-13-4 ) regarding a particular issue related to the TOB but it sounds like you're looking at a "normal" service item. How many miles on your car?

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Sounds like the usual bothersome bird in your tranny is going to cost a lot. Mine has gone out a few times on different cars. Ford tries their hardest to not cover it, especially with 20,000miles on the odometer.

On a side note, if you're going to have it replaced, throw in a clutch at the same time. I would use either a Timkin or Valeo TOB... Just my 2cents.

slewis

SML COBRA
Established Member
They said it is common problem and nothing can be done to fix it. He said that there could be some slack on the clutch cable.

Bl4ckedoutc0bra

Established Member
Here are a few possible temp-fixes.
1. White lithium Grease
2. New Quadrant and firewall adjuster (helped a tad)
3. Snap clutch cable like I did (no noise, but no go)

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
I have this problem, but it doesn't happen all the time. It is embarrassing at times. My snake has 9,000 miles on it. I am going to get it replaced before I hit the majic 12,000. No questions asked.

Users who are viewing this thread