• ... at or above 16.5k

Votes: 43 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
If that dealer told you it was okay to mod your car, why are they giving you so much greif now. Did they give you a reason? Did someone from Ford come and look at your car? It sounds like your dealer needs to step up if they told you it was okay to do that.

I agree, the should step up, especially since they are the selling dealer and you would THINK they would want repeat business. They still have no issue with the pulley and other mods, only the quadrant and so forth. Regadless, they won't fix my tranny problems, and I have to fend for myself.

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
So if i had my dealer install an aftermarked quadrant/fw adjuster and cable...they would still warranty drivetrain right?

just want to be sure because i know the stock quadrant doesnt work as well as it should and this could be leading to pre-mature clutch/ TOB issues....

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Sorry to hear that, we would not do you that way here. Did you talk to the Ford rep or the G.M. at your dealer about what you were told?

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Sorry to hear that, we would not do you that way here. Did you talk to the Ford rep or the G.M. at your dealer about what you were told?

No one will let me talk to the rep. Never even tried talking to the GM, I was so pissed off that if I stayed, it was going to get ugly. I would rather not be an a$$, so I just left.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Talk to the GM and insist on talking also to the blue oval person if they are a blue oval dealer. That should get you on the way to talk to the ford rep.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Talk to the GM and insist on talking also to the blue oval person if they are a blue oval dealer. That should get you on the way to talk to the ford rep.

Isn't worth anymore of my time, at this point. The only way I'm going back to that dealer is if I have no other choice. I am working on solving this throught the aftermarket, and would rather pay more than it's worth than deal with that dealer again.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Guess I'll add myself to the list. TOB started to squeal at around 8,000 miles.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Well, I knew that it was a problem...but thank goodness mine has not started yet. I waited for an early 04, and now have 7,800 mi, with mixed city/interstate, and only a few hard runs through the gears with no problems.

Glad I have a nice dealer though some of you have a tough time with the jerks that think having aftermarket parts somehow mean that you are abusive.

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
First of all what I am saying is that once you modify your car all bets are off. If the dealership that you take your car to can prove that you have abused the car all bets are off. 2nd the bearing reatiner is not availible as a replacement part for that trans to anyone, including Ford dealers. Thats why we have to replace transmissions instead of just bearing retainers. So this big conspiricy theory on Ford not giving the parts to customers to force them to buy transmissions is false. Another thing that is causing these TOB and retainer probelms is when people are shifting these cars repeatedly hard the clutch fork will tweak causing the bearing to dig into the bearing retainer. If you want to vent on someone fine. Don't make it personal. The other guy asked me a question about what i do and I answered it. Yes I have alot of experience that i try to help people on these boards with. There's alot of bad info on this site but also alot of good info so take out of it what you want.

Okay so what your saying is if I take my 03 stock cobra to the dealership for the tob squell then they will replace my transmission? thats cool because when I bought the car used with 2800 miles 3rd gear has had a vibration in it. Oh and how does a clutch fork have anything to do with how hard you shift it? its not connected to the shifter in any way.

Last edited:

davidmax

Established Member
Chevy fixes my 427 C5R twin turbo daytona car under warranty.Its just finding the right dealer that respects
our cars for what there made for.Dave Smilovic

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 03SilverCoupe
Okay so what your saying is if I take my 03 stock cobra to the dealership for the tob squell then they will replace my transmission? thats cool because when I bought the car used with 2800 miles 3rd gear has had a vibration in it. Oh and how does a clutch fork have anything to do with how hard you shift it? its not connected to the shifter in any way.

03SilverCoupe - SVTADVISOR's post above is very old. Reportedly, and updated bearing retainer (and TOB) is now available. I don't think they'll be replacing anymore xmissions. If you have a bad TOB and retainer sleeve, you should be fine as far as getting it replaced.

Check here for more info.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99454

Last edited:

CyberDaveA

Established Member
12k for me... and I'm picking up my car from the dealer today! The rental Focus is a piece of shit...

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
24,000 miles with many of those on the road course, 25 passes down the drag strip in one day, drove it through a chicago winter, and no TOB problems. I take the car out of gear if my foot will be on the clutch for more than 5 seconds. i dont rock back and forth on hills. I dont put my foot all the way to the floor when shifting.

Every 03 cobra will have this problem. No need for a poll. Ford will get it fixed, promise!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I have said this before, but I had my TOB and pressure plate replaced under warranty. Had a vibration and also the TOB chirp. TOB is chirping again, started imediately after the replacement. My dealer, 3 weeks ago said the isssue should be resolved in 30 to 60 days. I am calling them next week. Anyone else heard of a fix? My dealer, who has been excellent btw, says it is coming, and I believe them.

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
My service manager said they are coming out with a "hardened" bearing with in a year......I don't get why they just do it instead of talking about it!

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
The problem as I see it is Ford. Most companies buy parts from somewhere to put together as a product. Ford must of chose a cheaper way for the retainer. Some engineer got a pat on the back for saving money, not looking at the long term results. I have seen it a lot in my time, then the poor maint. guy got to fix it and or reengineer it himself. It comes back to some engineer made a decision poorly. Since the engineer works for Ford and the product is faulty then Ford pays another engineer to find a fix and fix units in the field with the faulty part with a improved one. Or they can go back to Tremec and say it doesn't meet specs. xx find a fix and refund us x dollars. And I hate the void warranty bs. I have Ford posters etc. showing 03's smoking tires etc. give me a break. Ford ok'ed those posters. Do I see anywhere doing this voids warranty on the poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread